1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

I did say "closer to $1k"(than $600), so if they are bringing $800-$900, which with an MSRP of a little over $1000, isn't going to be unheard of. If someone lets one go for $600, it is either trashed, they have no idea what it's worth, or they need money quick.

2. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Damn ammo shortage. I live in Austin and it's nearly impossible to buy most ammo locally. I think its odd that large brick and morter retailers are unable to stock ammo, but online retailers can.

I'm running low on .22 LR and the local retailers are out. Walmart, Academy, all local gun shops and ranges have none. I called Academy to find out when their next shipment of .22 would be and they told me they'd be getting 250,000 rounds in on a Saturday. I got there 45 minutes after they opened and they were cleaned out.

You'd think a large company like Academy would have similar buying power as online retailers. Sure, I can order online, but it'd be nice to be able to grab a brick locally. I blame the WERA tinfoil hat community for stockpiling their basements with lead.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  3. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Dealer gave it away at that price...

4. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

.22 cal is back in stock here. When I asked if I should buy it up I was told it wasnt going to be an issue any more for them.

5. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

No problem with .22 or 9mm here...

6. deathwagon

deathwagon Well-Known Member

Well, I AM living in Texas, where every resident is required by law to own at least four guns and eat BBQ twice a week. Maybe that has something to do with it.

7. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Not much different here in Ky. ;)

8. jimraynor21

jimraynor21 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction, indeed it was red reticle on center. My friend(retired Navy combat instructor) and I both thought the same thing when he said they couldn't sight it. The guy was nice but he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed...glad we got to play with it regardless.

9. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Or Georgia :D

Kennesaw GA requires every head of household to have a firearm. Look it up.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2014
  10. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

"Its the law, in Kennesaw"

11. AndyR1

AndyR1 Well-Known Member

Glock 42 .380. Any of you Glock fans buying this gun?

12. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Gunbroker auction, no reserve, started at $0.01

I feel moderately confident that they lost money on the sale, but the same dealer had a second gun of the same model listed with a price of around $950, so maybe they were willing to take a loss in order to clear some stock.

13. Dutch

Dutch Token white guy

Not until they chamber it in 9mm. I think they are testing the waters with the .380 to gauge interest. Which really doesn't make sense to me at all. If they would have brought it out in a 9 and 40 out of the gate all the Glock fanboys would hail it as the alternative to the Shield.

14. tropicoz

tropicoz Well-Known Member

I had a Kimber Ultra Tac II last year that I sold for near what I paid. I "stole" it at a grand when it was new and sold it for $950. I loved everything about it except that it was picky about its diet. I polished the feed ramp and it helped some, but any hp ammo with a wide mouth wouldn't feed reliably no matter what mag you used.

15. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

That's the problem with with a barrel under 4" in a 1911 in my experience. The shorter the barrel gets, the steeper that ramp becomes. Becomes very finicky. Some have had zero issues with their compact 1911's, I have had different experiences.

16. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

Told my local gun hook up I wanted 3 today but good luck getting them anytime soon.

17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

:stupid:

18. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Several came into my LGS today...did not last long.

19. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I got to play with them at shot show. Can't wait to get one. I tried to order 500. Glock laughed at me. I asked what was so funny

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Civilian MP5 and legit civilian G36 coming from HK. Who hasn't lusted for a civilian MP5? Have to SBR it for a nice house gun. G36 they can keep, though it's nice to see them branching out for civvies.