1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

What's that a lvpo and red dot?

2. :crackup:

That’s the other thing. It’d be damn hard for me to claim/prove “self-defense” after I picked some cunt off at 1000+ yards. :D

I do have a lot of fun with it. I never really had friends growing up, mostly entertained myself doing the same shit I’m doing now...except now I can use real guns instead of sticks that look like them, and I don’t have to make my own “pew pew” noises. :D

sbk1198 likes this.
  3. The Magnifier (“Juliet”...no shit that’s what it’s really called from Sig :D) utilizes the red dot from the Romeo. Then I can just push it with my left hand and it folds down to 90deg, out of the way.

I have to do that when there is a terrorist at the back of the plane, then one pops up in front of me. :crackup:

9661B021-0529-41FA-98A4-959CA3BBC0A2.jpeg

4. noles19

Ahhhhh a magnifier and red dot, that's old school now. Socom has moved on to the lvpo and offset reddot. Like john wick!

5. Jed

Jed mellifluous

I like the Chey-tac myself. I've always liked the odd ball stuff.

[​IMG]

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. Fucker. :D

I get what you are saying about the “science” aspect of it. And I can partially understand why a lot of people like that.

But it just doesn’t interest me.

It’s the same with bikes. Even though I’ve been tight and working one-on-one with arguably one of the best engine builders and setup men in the Southeast, and possibly the nation, for 10 years, I still no less than fuckall about either. :crackup:

I couldn’t even tell you what all the parts in a motor are, much less what they do. And I don’t care to know. I know a little about setup, but not much.

I don’t care about the science of it. I just want to go fast and race people.

I just say “When I’m doing this, the bike does this”, or “I want to do this, but the bike won’t let me”. That’s it.

Then he can play with some knobs and shit, maybe change some springs or mess with the oil level. Then when I go back out, it does what I want. I don’t know what he did, and honestly don’t care. The “why” and “how” doesn’t interest me; the “go” and “stop” does.

sbk1198 likes this.
  7. I have some with offset iron sights, if that counts. :D

The iron sights are mounted at 45deg, so I can just roll it a little and use them if needed.

8. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

If you shoot them at long range ... it’s called Murder ! If they are breaking into your house .. it’s justifiable homicide.

9. noles19

So you're saying I just gave you another reason to buy another red dot.. and how are you as far as suppressors go? lets spend some more money!

10. upload_2021-2-16_19-33-11.jpeg

11. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

I had a similar setup on my old AR except for different brand of optics, even had the same vertical grip at the front. But I didn't like it that much after a while. After I sold it, I got a different AR and set it up this way. The scope has a BDC reticle made for 5.56, so zero is at 50 and 200 yards. The red dot sight at 45 degrees zero'd for short range at 25 yards. Also the dot is not as big as it looks in the picture (some weird light effect from the pic, but it's just a 3MOA). Bipod for when I feel like shooting up to about 500 yards.

Attached Files:

noles19 likes this.
  12. noles19

13. noles19

oh hell yes

14. sbk1198

I don't see him being a suppressor guy. You can't order that shit online and be at your house in 2 days. He would go nuts waiting 6-9 months for one!! lol

15. noles19

Shhhhhhhh! Don't tell him yet!
    plus he could form1 it that would be a blast for him...

16. sbk1198

Still too long! lol But that's what I did with my 9mm. Unfortunately I messed up the form and after 21 days they told me I had done fucked up and it got denied. So I had to start over and waited another 21 days until it was approved. Thankfully I didn't have to pay twice! That would've pissed me off.

noles19 likes this.
  17. noles19

Thats the way i'm going to go also

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

lpvo: low power variable optic. usually 1-5 or 2-8 magnification.
    red dot: either a holographic sight (like the EoTech or Aimpoint) that lets you keep both eyes open while shooting.

19. noles19