1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

well yes but thats not what broome was talking about haha

2. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

What are you starting with? The solvent trap I got kinda sucks. It does ok for noise reduction but it's a pretty poor design as far as taking it apart and cleaning it. But it was cheap. So now that I got the CZ Scorpion it's going to stay on that permanently, until it gets so clogged up that I HAVE to take it apart lol

3. sbk1198

Another reason why I like the lvpo (mine is a Vortex Strike Eagle) is I can keep both eyes open with that as well and see perfectly fine. It's basically like a more fancy red dot with magnification. And the BDC reticle is convenient to have.

4. FYI - Outdoor Limited got some ammo in stock. I just ordered some more.

It’s not cheap, but it’s there.

5. noles19

I've looked at a few for my xmd elite 9mm and I also want one for my ar pistol I'm building.
    who did you use?
    I'm looking at quite bore, and white trash tactical and a few others

6. noles19

Yeah fuck those prices

sanee likes this.
  7. sbk1198

Mine's a quiet bore. Can't say I would go with that again if I was to get another one. I would at least look around to see what else is out there first. That one was just recommended to me by someone, and I knew nothing about that stuff so I just went for it since it seemed pretty straight forward.

Natchez had some 115gr 9mm in stock today for $22ish per box. With shipping and handling it came out to be about $0.53/round, which still sucks but better than most other places. I got 5 boxes. But it was also aluminum cases. Never used aluminum before but I guess I can't be too picky with the ammo nowadays lol

8. noles19

I've heard that about quite bore also, so I may pay more for the ar one since it'll stay on there and may get the cheaper quite bore for the 9mm.

I saw that matches deal, and almost bit, I have a few hundred rounds of 9 as of now and got 100rounds for $26 from Cabela's last week so it's hard for me to pay that much right now. I did just pay $90 shipped for 800 rounds of 22lr which hurt...
    If you are up at weird hours sig has restocks most nights for pretty cheap.
    I'm considering standing in line for people for ammo from Cabela's if people are interested! Hahaha

9. sbk1198

At this point I'm not buying any ammo unless I find some crazy good deals on 9mm, because I'm more focused on finding primers and powder since I'm starting to get into reloading. My Lyman kit should arrive tomorrow and I got dies, brass and bullets from a buddy of mine in Iowa. Hopefully those arrive by the end of the week too.

noles19 likes this.
  10. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

Cheapest compact 9 that goes pew pew reliably?

11. noles19

Sccy cpx2

Photo and notbostrom like this.
  12. Damnit. I went up there to get a P365XL with the optic already on it. When I got that Q5 Match SF a week or so ago, they had 3 of them.

Now they have none. :mad:

13. So instead I got this Sig P320 X-FIVE Legion. :D

385A402F-DBEE-426A-882E-504D0C9BAA9C.jpeg

It’s funny how they had none of the little guns, but they had 8 of these in stock.

sbk1198 and Triple X like this.
  14. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

You’re gonna love that legion. Especially with Dave’s sights!

RonR and Gorilla George like this.
  15. I like the wider grip on the Sigs, and with the flared magwell it feels really good in my hand.

I played with it a little in the store and it feels super smooth.

I’ll take it to the range, and take the Q5 Match SF at the same time so I can compare them back to back.

I think I’ll also take the H&K VP9L Tactical, and the Canik TP9-SFX to do the same. Those two look and feel so much alike, so it will be fun to compare them back to back.

16. noles19

Well screw you

sbk1198 and Gorilla George like this.
  17. I have never went in there and left with what I intended to get.

I told Brandon from now on, instead of telling him what I’m looking for, I’ll just ask him what he wants to sell me. :crackup:

sbk1198 and noles19 like this.
  18. upload_2021-2-17_12-28-19.jpeg

19. He’s gonna shoot me a text when they get some more P365xl’s in.

Then he said “Or if we get something else I think you’ll like”.

I just said “Ah shit, here we go....”

:crackup:

Sabre699 likes this.
  20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.