1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

:crackup:

2. Shit. Wish Ida had that last week. :D

Now I’m looking to buy a new slide, that is precut (no plate required).

3. That slide comes cut for a Trijicon RMR, and I can also get the cowitness night sights from there, and they will come installed on the slide.

4. Shit, I just realize I already have that Deltapoint. I wonder if I can get it cut for it instead.

But don’t I have a spare Trijicon RMR somewhere? I coulda sworn I had an extra one. Didn’t I plan on using it on something, but used something else instead?

Or did I buy another gun to go with the spare RMR I had?

Shit. Ima have to go back and read the last 20 pages again.

5. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Jesus fuck. I thought I was scatter brained.

Sabre699 likes this.
  6. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Is this forum your source for documenting your inventory? :crackup:

7. Pretty much. :crackup:

Most of the shit I do is on impulse, then I forget. At least if I mention it here, I can go back and find it. :D

Photo and sbk1198 like this.
  8. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I impulsed on a CZ this weekend. I hope I like it. Probably won’t make its way to my shop until the end of the week if the seller does what he’s supposed to do. I Will send some rounds off the deck!

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I wouldn’t shoot that. The forces that are put on an optic that’s mounted directly to a slide are mind blowing. If (when) those screws sheer, it can cause that optic to come straight back and smack you in the head. Get it checked out by a gunsmith or just buy another slide that’s milled already.

10. Good call. :beer:

wsmc 589 likes this.
  11. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Another PSA for you guys with optic guns. We replace our screws now once a year. Also screws get replaced if one comes loose. Make sure you torque stripe them so you have a visual indicator if they start to back out.

I’m seeing screws hold for 1000 to 5000 rds. That’s after a thorough installation process recommended by Dawson which involves cleaning and using loctite 261. Then torqued down to 25 INCH pounds....

MachineR1 and Gorilla George like this.
  12. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

We’re stuck in New Orleans for an extra 2 days due to the weather. Yay I guess even though everything is closed here

13. I shoulda researched all this shit and stayed away from the MOS. I could have gotten another Q5 match by the time I’m done dumping into this bullshitass thing trying to get this bastard to work.

14. So anyone have experience (first or second hand) with these?

I need an answer in 3.7 seconds because I need to order something immediately.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  15. Jed

Jed mellifluous

16. Illbedamned. I love Talon grips and use them on a lot of guns. I also keep some of the 5x7 sheets for filling gaps, etc. I’ve never thought about using it on the slide.

But the stupid edges are more tacticool. :D

17. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

I have a bad? habit of using the dot as a slide handle. Non shooting hand goes to the top of the slide with the same motion as removing a stove pipe. Thousands of rounds later with no ill effects. Doesn’t make it right but I hate the thought of retraining.
    Note the slide was milled to fit the dot so not much pressure on the screws.

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

It's sooooo much nicer, especially if you roll your off hand and rack the slide with the with your palm facing up. Some MARSOC guys taught me that trick at the range one day.

Gorilla George likes this.
  19. My hand/fingers go over/around the dot, but I don’t actually grab or use it, per se.

I grab (or more accurately, “pinch”) the back of the slide with my thumb and side of my index finger, then push on the grip with my shooting hand. In other words, the shooting hand moves forward. I don’t actually pull the slide backwards, it’s more like I hold it still and push the grip under it.

I do it like that because it works whether there is a dot on there or not. I don’t have to change my grip or manipulate anything. The same muscle memory/action works regardless.

If there is a dot on there, it will go up inside that upside down “V”. So it’s there, but I’m not actually pulling on the dot itself.