1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

1:8", 18" barrel. Not sure on brand...whatever Ruger uses in their MPR. Maybe they make the barrels themselves, but I don't know.

2. :crackup:

Nah I know I only have one other Glock, so I’m good. :D

But I’m not gonna buy anymore Sigs or Springfields until I take the time to do some kind of register though, just to keep that from happening again. [/facepalm]

Ok, I bought that Springfield yesterday, but that’s the last one.

motoracer1100 likes this.
  3. Yeah, but, I mean...shit. I got nothin’. :crackup:

4. Well, shit.

Canik TP9 Elite SC Tungsten.

2EA5C402-91DA-4AD0-BE12-8B17DBDEE544.jpeg

Ok, that’s it for real this time.

Triple X likes this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Whatever you pick, it will be wrong.
    I let her shoot mine at the range and then we went from there. She preferred revolvers over pistols, she liked my 1911, but couldn't deal with racking the slide and not knowing what was going on inside, it just seemed like magic to her that the second shot was all ready to go. She also preferred double action over single. Her favorite was the Taurus Tracker 4" in 45 ACP with full moon clips. Now that we don't live in AK any more, she has a Ruger LCR with 3" bbl in 38 special.

6. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Liar.

Time for some classics.

Sig P210
    Browning Hi Power.

rd400racer likes this.
  7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

Take him up and make the call. If you are just wanting to make some 556 to start with, any of the beginner kits from any of the manufacturers will work fine. Personally, I like LEE, but most don't. Lee is the SV of the reloading world and rewards patience and precision in your work. Get some powder, primers, brass and bullets and get to it. I like reloading a lot and load for every caliber I have. I just got a 6.5 Creedmoor and couldn't find any ammo for it or even brass for a while. I got some Lee dies, reformed some 243 brass I had around ( I don't even own a 243, but have brass and dies) and loaded up some rounds. I never get rid of dies for calibers I don't own any more.
    Reloading is rewarding, fun and relaxing. Plus I never worry about running out of ammo.

8. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Why do I get the feeling that Chris would say the Hi Power is ugly:D

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. Jed

Jed mellifluous

It's been a while, but I think with rifle brass the issue is that you are constantly trimming the case length to fall into SAAMI specs if you plan on using in more than one rifle.. I believe if you use the cartridge in only one rifle you can get more reloads out of it since it's essentially fire formed to the chamber. But always check and measure.

10. Jed

Jed mellifluous

If he does then I'm blocking him. :D

11. I couldn’t help it. I was so impressed with the big Canik I got last week. Plus it comes with so much shit. And Tungsten is cool. :D

Classics, hmm. Never really thought about it. I’ve never liked old shit (bikes, cars, etc). But I have never thought about old guns.

12. I almost messed up. Stopped by my regular gun store (the 3 this week were from Academy) to grab an optic.

I got the Holosun 507K. It’s the only one they had to fit this little Canik. I prefer Trijicon first, and Sig second. But I’m sure this one will be fine.

...and they had a black/tungsten version of the same black/light gray big Canik I got last week. It looks so badass, and I know it’s an awesome gun.

I had it in my hand, and put it back. Brandon said he was thinking about getting it, and I couldn’t do it to him again. Especially since it’s the same thing I have now, just a different color.

13. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

No doubt...

14. I’m giving up on this godamn piece of shit Glock. Fuck this motherfucker.

Triple X likes this.
  15. I’ve no experience with any of the following. Which one of these optics is the best?

Leupold
    C-More
    Docter
    Meopta
    Insight

I’m just going to order a different optic that will go with one of the other plates that came with the gun. I’ll put this SRO on something else later.

16. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

This is our family heirloom 1968 Browning Hi Power. My dad bought it new for $106. He passed it on to me when I graduated from boot camp and as of now I'm passing it along to my daughter. It's what is known as an N code (if I recall correctly) and is currently worth between $2500-3500, and that was before the crazy price increases. Of course it will never leave our family. Below that is the suitcase Browning 22 that he bought about the same time. I haven't even valued it. Dad liked Browning's. He's still alive but wants nothing to do with firearms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]24 hour mobil gas station near me

Sabre699 likes this.
  17. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Well with the suddeness of that...WTF happened ??

18. Gotta say, that’s pretty damn cool. And I don’t blame you for keeping it in the family. The sentimental value and history behind it is irreplaceable.

rd400racer likes this.
  19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

That took longer than expected. I was shocked yesterday when you said you were actually trying to fix it.

20. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

try and keep up...he's into Turkish made guns now, in every possible color.

sbk1198 and Gorilla George like this.