1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. That’s an idea. Got any suggestions of trusted places?

2. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Great gun.

Gorilla George likes this.
  3. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

My stock market account is doing pretty well, but I'm concerned that conditions will change. My new retirement plan revolves around opening a gun store next door to your house.

MachineR1 likes this.
  4. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Livengood hasn't added an armory yet?

5. Boom.

I love me some red dots. They almost seem like cheating. :D

D4EC0BF2-C313-41AE-8025-F7397C394196.jpeg

6. :crackup:

I have to learn to stop going in there. I never leave empty handed, regardless of what I went in there for.

7. Ive been reluctant to get it because I don’t like the grip. Feels like holding a cheese grater.

I’ve picked up a version of this one (non-tactical) in the store twice. One time I left with the Sig P227 TACOPS, and the other time I left with the H&K 45.

But I liked the look of this Tactical version, and it came with 3x 15-round magazines (which is excellent capacity for a .45).

I might end up taking a file to the grip and flattening it out some, then put some Talon grips on it.

8. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Quit going to the store and buying shit. If you need to satisfy an urge, just come buy my damn FNS-9C! I'll even let you pay partially or fully with some of your massive ammo stash if you'd like :)

9. Nothing against you, but how do I know it has good JuJu? :D

That’s why I don’t like buying used guns, or bikes, or vehicles. What if they have bad JuJu?

When new, I don’t have to worry about that. :D

Speaking of ammo, that was another justification for getting this FN45; I have about 6-7k more rounds of .45ACP than I do 9mm.

And because the “FN45” is kinda like “Fuckin’ .45”. :crackup:

10. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Actually, most accidents happen within mere miles of home. Why? People tend to drop their guard in familiar situations. So, yeah, negligence.

11. Or couldn’t it be that no matter where someone goes, they will begin and end the journey a few miles from home?

An accident can happen anywhere. But if the vast majority of the driving occurs in a specific area (5-10 miles from home), then there will probably be more accidents there.

There is a similar saying in the oilfield. Some people like to say “people don’t get injured doing the big jobs, it’s the little routine stuff that hurts us”.

Well no shit. The big jobs might come up once every few weeks. The other shit you do 24/7.

Razr and mpusch like this.
  12. redtailracing

Oh it’s definitely got bad juju. The trigger is fuckin garbage! :crackup: Don’t blame you with the used guns. I’ve only ever bought 2 and I only bought them because they were offered so cheap that if I had to toss them in the trash next day I wouldn’t be too upset. One of them became one of my 2 favorite guns to shoot and the other does fine I suppose although I’ll probably sell it eventually if I ever get around to listing it somewhere.

Love the thought on the fuckin 45 by the way :crackup:

13. Jed

Jed mellifluous

FN Shadow...

14. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

08F4A5B9-4CE6-4727-9EAC-DB1213CB9C13.jpeg Well 6 months ago I said Fuck a hand gun! I’m surrounded by gun toting competition shooting mofos and they’re my friends. I held 3 ARs at a friends house one night and said I want this one! He built it for me, just the barrel upper took 6 weeks to get. The red dot sight is cheating

Little history I’m not a gun waving/Toting lunatic like my friends are. But times change a person. With the current climate I felt I needed a gun like this for suppression of distance at my home. Yea I live on land, county road living, not in a subdivision, it gets dark outside, and I live way out for the most part. But I did not own anything longer barreled than a shotgun, plenty of hand guns, hell they’re everywhere here around me.

So I had it built, it’s a gun is about all I can add to this. I hope I never have to use it. It’s a killing machine. I snagged a few 1000 rounds of ammo on a tax free holiday in the state. That stuff went quick, man I was a fish outta water in there buying it. Lol ain’t like this is MR12 good feeling buying. Shit wasn’t cheap!

Out of the guns I tested I went with the 16” barrel it just felt good to me at the time. He had shorter ones but hell I went by feel. Government ain’t coming to get it is all I gotta say, no beto no one! It has one purpose, keep shit from getting to close to me and my property or my family IF the need arises.

Hope I never need it.....

Gorilla George and Clay like this.
  15. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Either way, familiar territory and a person's sense of impending completion for the task at hand can equate to complacency. If shit happens, and it's on them, they've neglected to apply the due diligence for the duration of the evolution. Careless, sloppy, lazy, whatever, bottomline is someone dropped the ball right before the score.

16. MachineR1

MachineR1 Well-Known Member

I was hoping to find a Black Friday deal on a Akra exhaust for my Tuono but I didn't have any luck. So I said fuck it and ordered a Staccato C2 instead :D.

17. My favorite place stopped accepting FFL transfers/orders. And it’s a good damn thing. At least now I have to make the effort to go there. If I could order guns off the internet any time I felt froggy, it would be bad.

Sabre699 likes this.
  18. redtailracing

Really? Seems odd. Given how difficult it is for most places to even keep any stock these days, I would have thought transfer fees would be an easy few dollars.

19. I would think so too. But they stopped accepting them like 6-8 months ago for some reason.

20. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

User error? I thought modern semi auto pistols were intuitive? As user friendly as revolvers, I think you said? :Poke: