1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Surefire’s are the brightest. Streamlights are the most durable.
    If you stray to far from those two you’re going to limit your holster options.
    Holsters. Well that’s a deep rabbit hole. Concealed? Work? IWB/OWB kydex, leather combo?

2. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Owb kydex is fine . Just going to have it at the farm for hogs/snakes whatever.

3. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

Looking at selling on gunbroker, never done it before. What all should I be aware of? Already spoke to a LGS who is willing to ship for me. I assume I need to receive a copy of their FFL to provide my LGS who is shipping the firearm? What types of payment would you suggest accepting? I hear Paypal has some rules that are bad enough for a seller to start with and they don't like guns so it'd be easy to get fucked on that one. Suggestions for anyone who's been through this before?

4. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

So many 1911s, who has time?

I personally wouldn't care for the added "upgrades" when their A1 MilSpec version is available for $200 less. If it were me, I'd buy the MilSpec version and pick-n-choose the upgrades I wanted. 1911s are the AR15s of the handgun world - there's no shortage of individually available options.

Realizing that sometimes you just want to buy a ready product straight out of the box with an appealing aesthetic, etc., any of the main players in the game offer comparable products. I always thought the Ruger SR1911 was a sharp looker but, yeah, the Ronin fits right in there, too.

When's the next gunshow?
    https://gunshowtrader.com/gunshows/pennsylvania-gun-shows/

5. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

Try this first. I've been able to sell everything I've ever put up
    https://www.tngunowners.com/forums/

6. redtailracing

Posted it there a little over a week ago. Made the mistake of saying I’d either take cash or ammo as payment without specifying what I valued ammo at. In turn I got guys offering me $250 worth of ammo for a $500 gun thinking I’d pay these absurd covid prices (I’m not that desperate... yet). Went back and edited the OP to be more clear but it’s already kind of annoyed me. Was at On Target in Murfreesboro a couple days ago chatting with one of those guys and he suggested throwing it on gb and his guess was I’d get more for it on there anyways. Figured it might be worth a shot. My username is the same on the TGO board as here if you want to see the listing.

7. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I like Long Shadow. I know there are a million kydex companies out there but I can vouch for his stuff.

8. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Gunbroker works well for me. I always use a credit card. A local gun shop receives the item. All the correspondence is through email.

9. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

Picked this up to celebrate Thanksgiving. Have also wanted one, was resigned to a clone before HK started to import - finally snagged it. Form 1 already efiled.
    [​IMG]

10. redtailracing

So I'm assuming I can just link a debit card and gunbroker will act as the intermediary and transfer funds to my bank account via my debit card?

11. redtailracing

Damn, surprised you were even able to find one of those in stock. I've not seen one in stores yet. Did you have to wait awhile on an order or luck out on finding one locally? Nice grab.

12. I really like my fav gun shop. All the guys know me by name, we always shoot the shit when I’m in there, etc.

But since they won’t take transfers, I reckon I need to find one that will. I’ve seen some cool shit on Gunbroker, but I don’t have a way to get it to me.

13. Shit I like that. Suddenly my life is no longer complete. I need one of those.

14. redtailracing

Good luck finding one.

15. It’s sorta like the Springfield Saint Edge (AR). I’ve wanted one since they came out (I already have the Saint Victor).

You’d have a better chance of finding Bigfoot.

16. wera313

Found one at a local shop. They posted to FB at night so I was there when the door opened next morning. Have been on several waitlists for months... no joy

17. wera313

I’ll try to resist post my Sig SAN 551SB when it shows up

Gorilla George likes this.
  18. GixxerJohn011

GixxerJohn011 Well-Known Member

Not sure if this would be better in one of the mountain bike threads but let’s try here. What are you guys using to carry on a bicycle? Most of my gear doesn’t lend itself to a typical IWB holster not to mention that I sweat like crazy. I’d like to keep it off of me but with reasonable access. A fanny pack seems like a good option so far, sure as hell NEVER thought I’d say that. Any recommendations that don’t scream “I’m tacticool and carrying a gun”?

19. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

comfort tac with a Ruger 380lcp

https://comforttac.com/collections/belly-band-holsters/products/belly-band-holster

GixxerJohn011 likes this.
  20. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Some sellers want to receive their payments from you direct, but Gunbroker does have a way to link your card with them. I've only purchased on GB, I haven't sold anything there. Every transaction has gone smoothly for me. With the supply being low currently, GB is an easy way to find what you want.