1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

How many try to put their seatbelt on right before they crash?

Gorilla George likes this.
  2. AC1108

AC1108 Well-Known Member

I'll definitely have to look into those.

3. You are killing me. :D

4. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Why do I come into this thread and see all of Broomes pistols heading towards aftermarket errthang....only thing missing is the equivalent of white wheels for a pistol... :D

5. Gotta do what I gotta do. :D

Nick_OMC likes this.
  6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

If ammo availability continues to be this bad, it won't take long for the oddball ammo to be gone too. Then when/if normalcy resumes you're stuck with an oddball gun or having to buy/swap barrels as you suggest (the average casual gun owner like me has no desire to do that). I looked just now, and there's plenty of 9mm at my local store- more choices than 357 and price is about the same.

7. Tristan

As a relative gun noob, I totally agree- I've got several different guns now and I'll admit that I'm still unfamiliar enough with the different operating systems that the only one I can count on going bang first try is the revolver. The wife is worse- she's always trying to rack shit with one already in the chamber. My maybe future carry gun is a M&P9, I chose the no safety version to eliminate variables.

8. PSA - I just got an email that HKParts has the 24 round magazines in stock again, if anyone wants one. I just ordered some.

I’ve already got 6 of the extended ones that are 20 or 21 rounds (can’t remember for sure).

But I need the 24s because more pew. :D

9. Triple X

Triple X Well-Known Member

I did too.
    $115 per mag.
    Ouch

10. But more pew. :D

Triple X likes this.
  11. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Even at that price, I bet they sell out fast. If I owned a Mini 14 or two, and if I wanted to get some extra magazines for them, I wouldn't be able to find any. Fortunately, that's not me. I have enough powder and minie balls on hand to protect home and hearth.

Triple X likes this.
  12. Tristan

so I assume you have several drum mags for your rifles?

13. Can you imagine how bummed you would be if 24 zombies came after you, and you only had a 17 or 21 round magazine?

MachineR1 and Triple X like this.
  14. Not yet. I did swap the 30 round mags for 40 round mags. But I haven’t went with a drum yet.

15. Triple X

22 round = $79.95
    24 round = $114.95

That's a big price step for 2 rounds

16. Triple X

That's when I toss a grenade

Sabre699 and Gorilla George like this.
  17. Tristan

I've got 5 30 round mags for the AR ($10 each) and want some 10 or 20 rounders for less bulk. I've seen some drum mags for handguns that are hilarious.

18. :crackup:

Triple X likes this.
  19. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Fortunately, zombies tend to line up and don't seem to take advantage of available cover. I'm pretty sure that my 44 magnum could penetrate at least four zombies deep, perhaps further dependent on their state of decomposition.

20. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

:eek: I absolutely love grenades !! :D
    Gives the word "almost" a different connotation.