1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Captain Squid

Captain Squid Well-Known Member

The 4th gen's also have the option to replace the backstrap so you can fit it you "your" hand better. Pretty nice option, I liked that my P30 did that as well :)

2. Strick

Strick Good to be king

Or .45 auto rim or the .45 gap?:D

3. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Not sure it has enough energy with the smallish round.

BUT

It can go 12" penetration easily, and will STILL go 9" through balistic kevlar :eek: , just from what I have read on it.

4. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

The Judge is a neat gun. Fun, and good for varmint like snakes and such. NOT good for the two legged varmints though. If you want to shoot .45, get a .45 revolver, it is not real good for that. And .410 out of it doesnt have enough energy or penetration for two legged varmints.

Neat gun. Id like to have one. But just to have one, not for any real use.

5. jcclx1

jcclx1 Well-Known Member

Kris know you have a G27, which is what I carry but the new 39 is pretty bad ass. Don't know if it helps but if you join the GSSF for 35.00 you can get Glocks at Police Officer prices at SPD in Smyrna. You get to buy one a year. Hope that helps. As already mentioned Sig P229 are sweet.

Ltr,

Collins

Didn't know you wanted a 17 but will let you shoot mine. :)

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I call this the gun I've never seen before. My brother traded a guitar amp for it, and since he can't shoot for shit (kind of sad for a Kentucky boy), he gave it to me. It's a S&W Model 645. I shoot competition at a range nearby, and this gun holds it's own against any Sig, HK, or high dollar .45's out there. Sorry, I don't count Glock's. I don't ride ugly bikes and I don't own ugly guns. These can be found on Gunbroker for less than $600.

[​IMG]

7. T-Roc

T-Roc Well-Known Member

i like the h&k p2000 and have thought about getting the p2000sk in .357 sig

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Liar, an rd400 is Fugly...:p

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

Attached Files:

10. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

There is an idea, maybe a SW500....... hand cannon

11. krod524

krod524 Well-Known Member

That's EXACTLY what I want... a nice .22 cal target handgun.

Right now I have a very nice Baretta 96G Elite .40 cal, but only bought it because I have a cabin in Sequoia Nat'l Forest and there ARE bears up there.

But for home defense and a cheap fun day of practice, a NICE .22 is perfect. :up:

HOWEVER I notice they are just as expensive as the bigger cal handguns!! :eek:

12. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

For a nice .22, I like the Ruger MKIII

13. sch2046

sch2046 Well-Known Member

S&W 500

the ultimate carry weapon, well not really cuz it shoots through buildings.....:up:

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Hit up Elite Ammunitions web site. They make various loads for the 5.7 that are pretty impressive. And they have a ton of gel/ballistics data to compare factor vs other types of loads etc. They also make a killer .45 defensive round as well.

The short summary is the factory ammo is neutered to a great degree. Still plenty to stop someone I'm sure if the need arose, and great for range work. But to get the most out of the 5.7 you need to buy the good stuff or reload it yourself.

15. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

I like the Ruger MKIII as well, but the browning just fits my hand perfectly. That and the Browning is just pretty.

In all honesty I really don't need anything better than my $200 S&W 22A as bad as my distance focus is getting...

16. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

yeah, the ruger is less than pretty LOL

17. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I was on Springfield's website today drooling over the XDm. Very purty.
    http://www.the-m-factor.com/
    I have my trusty Springfield Armory 1911 Mil-Spec that I absolutely enjoy. I haven't been to the range in a long time and need to get out there.

18. fastest

fastest Well-Known Member

keltec plr16

have one of these and very awsome. accuracy is amazing but i do suggest the shoulder sling...

Attached Files:

19. motojoe_23

motojoe_23 The Nephew

Technically a handgun........

So, on that note, I would say a cool one would be a Draco AK47 pistol. Pretty nifty too.

20. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.