1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Stefan

Stefan Well-Known Member

Dan Wesson has a nice concealed carry .45 1911 style pistol that recently came out.

2. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

3. Mud Whistle

Mud Whistle Get my icebike ON!

What if I told you it had no MIM parts :D

4. Lazarus

Lazarus SwaggaByLaz®

I like the P2000SK, was going to get that if it was in stock, got a G26 instead which I really like. I now want a USP9C. Get a 1911 if you dont have one already. Also like that LCR from Ruger.

5. Country_boy_88

Country_boy_88 Well-Known Member

To the OP the taurus 709 slim is my daily carry and I love it so far. I payed i beliebe 380 for mine new.

If you want a fullsize id tell you to wait a couple more weeks until the new FN FNX 9 or 40 comes out. This thing is amazing and fits like the 45s grip but without the bulk. Id compare it to a 1911.
    Also the slide has been lightened and the felt recoil is lower. Cant beat 3 magazines from the factory either:up:

Also the new FN Tactical 45. Comes with a threaded barrel and the ability to install a doctor red dot. Put a can on her and have some fun :D

The 5.7 is a beautiful gun as well. While the price seems a bit high everyone I have talked to praises this gun. The security guards at work love them

There has been a couple of threads on the FN forum as well as the five seven forum comparing it to a 9mm or more.
    It may be a small diameter bullet but with the right ammo it will kill anyone hitting center mass.

If anyone needs any more info on FN guns send me a PM and ill be glad to answer them for you :up:

6. Country_boy_88

huh? i do believe you mean 8 in the mag and 1 in the chamber :up:
    if not you might want to get yourself a new mag....

7. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

I have a Glock 19, but I'm lookin' at those new XDm 3.8's in .40 cal to add to the gun safe.

8. ceiring

ceiring Green Jello Monster

9. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

Glock.

10. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

i picked up my coworkers nib Colt 1911 gold cup trophy. gave him $750, which from what i've seen, is a super deal. still think i need a new polymer too. i dont think i'm going to be happy til i get another hk. i'm leaning towards the p30 in .40 for that.

11. jcclx1

jcclx1 Well-Known Member

Glock 22 or 23 are great .40 just decide if you want Standard or Compact. Most Atlanta Police carry G23.

12. Daekwan

Daekwan Ant Gobert's fav. rider..

The G23 is the most popular handgun for law enforcement. FBI uses it, has tested the hell outta it and many law enforcement organizations use that as a guide.

Guns are like women.. every man has a different opinion but the most popular choices most of us can agree on.

13. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Its kinda sad, but the price of the 5.7 went up significantly after the Fort Hood incident.

14. JeF4y

JeF4y Sweet Tea & Grits!

I just bought the sig P238. Great gun, but goddamn is ammo expensive and hard to come by. You have to order it by the truckload and wait 2 months. Then you're ready for smaller zombies. It's a great pocket-piece if you are in an area that you can carry. Downside (aside from ammo) is that it only comes with one clip. Bastards.

If you have no specific purpose, I'd steer you towards a 9mm or a .22 as the ammo is cheaper and very easy to come by.;

I really like my S&W M&P 9mm. I have a few thousand rounds through it with zero problems.

.22, I have a Ruger MKIII. Just get the expensive one with the replaceable grips so you can get competition grips. Then spend the $100 for the trigger upgrade. That thing will take a gnat off the head of your pecker from 50 yards with open sights.

15. Yard Sale

Yard Sale premix huffer

Well in that case I'd get a Sphinx or SIG P210. Or, if you're a wheelgun kinda guy, a Korth.

16. Country_boy_88

unfortunately it did :mad: both the price and because of that piece of $hit.

However buying in bulk a lot of the guys ive talked to can get the rounds for 20-30 a box which is comparable to 9,40,45.

Only thing that I dont care for is the reloading side is slim pickings

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I was specifically referring to the pistol. The ammo hasn't gone up that much online, but it seems like stores raised the price quite a bit.

I want to get one and reload for it personally, the recoil is practicaly nil, so follow up shots are so easy with it. But I have this stupid hankering for a 1911 right now and am trying to figure that arena out first. Plus I still have to finish out the build on my AR10

18. nycstripes

nycstripes Meatball's Dad

I'd like to eventually see another maker come up with handgun designs for the 5.7x28mm cartridge in the future. I am impressed with the cartridge but hate the look of the pistol.

19. Country_boy_88

ahh yes that went up as well:crackup:
    Anything that comes out of the belgium plant is already $$$. Atleast I get a discount:D

What all do you have left for the ar10? You know you can always get an ar-57 upper to go along with the pistol. From what ive read the recoil is almost non existent and only real hiccup is the ps90 mags sometimes dont seat properly. But cant beat the coolness factor:cool:

20. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

The 686+ that I shot was the nicest shooting pistol I've ever shot. Damn nice gun.