1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

Practice, I use mine to shoot steel chickens in the head at 200 meters :D

I'd bet my .22 is more accurate :)

brex likes this.
  2. So what would you (anybody) consider a “good stock” of ammo for a Zombie apocalypse?

I know the correct answer is “all of it”.

But what is the 2nd most popular answer?

I say that because when I went to get 9mm ammo, there was a guy at the counter ahead of me (who also just missed getting some from today’s shipment).

I overheard him asking the guy “when is the next truck” and he was finding out when he could get some more.

Then he was like “I’ve got 2000 rounds at home, so I’m not in a bind. I just want more”.

That almost aggravated me as much as someone going to the store for more shitwipe, even though they’ve got 50 rolls hoarded at home already.

The ranges are closed and have been for at least 2 weeks. So I know he isn’t using that ammo. He is just buying it all to hoard it.

3. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

As I already said above, my 22lr with a Sig can is my fav to shoot. But i would rather have a supply of something else on top of some 22 rounds. Just can't take it seriously as a self defense round. Perhaps if you have a far more superior skill level than your opponent in this highly unlikely and strictly hypothetical situation.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. Newsshooter

Only 2K?

5. I don’t keep anywhere near that much on hand. But then again, I’ve always been able to go grab a few boxes anytime I want. Never seen stores out of stock.

Maybe I need to up my hoarding game.

6. Newsshooter

I just buy 1k boxes when it's on sale. Use it as I need it.

7. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It's cheaper when you buy it by the case. I've got around 10,000 in .22 (which is only 2 cases), 5,000 in .45 and probably 1500 in 9mm even though I currently don't own any 9mm guns. Plus enough components to reload another 5,000 or so. As far as ranges being open, my gun club is open, though it's outdoor and members only. Though we aren't allowed to bring guests currently since the rules state we have to be within three feet of them while they are firing, and obviously can't do that at the moment.

8. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I reload. If I really have to I can cast bullets from lead wheel weights. Primers and powder are the hard to get bits if push comes to shove.

There are some crazy hoarders out there in gun land. I bought some powder and primers from a guy that was helping out a widow part out her husbands stash. He had over 500lbs of gun powder and well over 300k primers in all sizes. yes, I said 300,000. not to mention the bullets and other stuff. FYI he sold all the powder within 2 hours of listing it on the local forum (the prices were very good and there was some hard to find powder on a good day). Theres another guy selling 5.56 ammo out of a 12,000 round 50 gallon drum @.50/ round.

Personally I am not sure why people are hoarding ammo right now. I guess if you think there is something else on the horizon but unless the power goes out, the worse thing that could happen right now IMHO (besides a bunch of people dying from Covad-19) is running out of TP. As long as we have power and water, things will remain pretty civil.

Gorilla George likes this.
  9. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

what he said

10. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

I think the hoarding comes from stuff like this. And this was from a Republican.

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/03/1...t-ammo-sales-require-50-permit-to-buy-bullets

It failed but they keep trying.

11. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Let me know if you want to sell the 9mm..

12. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

One of my friends has 50,000 rounds for his various guns. That seems like enough:crackup:

Wingnut likes this.
  13. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Says the guy who bought out all the water... :Poke:

stk0308 likes this.
  14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Keeping it for whenever I pick up a true pocket pistol for really hot days at the office where I can't keep my suit jacket on.

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

You can tell who has been shooting for a while and who hasn't. Those of us who went through the dry years stocked up when things got back to normal. It took years for prices and supply to settle. Now I'm hearing distributors have tapped out and what's in the pipeline is gonna be it for a while. Gonna be hard to add shifts at factories like they had to last time.

dobr24 likes this.
  16. Spang308

Spang308 Well-Known Member

Between the hoarding and Wally world no longer carrying handgun rounds or 5.56/.223, finding stuff locally for decent prices could be tough for awhile, maybe years.

17. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

18. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

I've got a sig302C if you want. Comes with a couple of nice holsters... ;)

19. Yeah, but that was different. Nobody has pissed me off about ammo yet. :D

20. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

And of they did? Then what :Poke: