1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

One of the only handguns I never care to shoot again...fired my Brother in laws 6 rounds....done...IMO...useless firearm for more than display.

Steeltoe likes this.
  2. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Don’t shoot a S&W 500. I have seen people who really like the desert eagle HATE the big smith.

3. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

My bro has that setup... It's ridiculous.

triplestrong likes this.
  4. lizard84

lizard84 My “fuck it” list is lengthy

I’m buying the 460 performance center with a 7 1/2 barrel.

5. lizard84

I don’t complain about the noise, recoil, the range’s are often full of fools with money who it seems are determined to Darwin themselves out of existence. I see a fool running down range with no regard for range safety protocols nearly 50% of my range visits. I shoot a minimum of once per week but try to get there twice a week.

The stupid is strong during the weekend so I generally try to go during normal work hours.

6. lizard84

I’ve heard they’ve improved but I have to agree with you, it’s a looking at gun.

7. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

The .500 is a Donkey. I've been sending 325 grain Federal Fusion out of it (8" barrel) and it's a handful. Tried some 300 grain Armscor stuff the other day and it's a kitten (one hand all day). I'd never have thought 25 grains could make that much of a difference. Haven't tried the 700 grain yet.... Going to put a optic on it and mess around out to 100. My buddy had the 4" barrel model at the range the other day, only real difference was the weight.

8. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Policing brass? That's what academy cadets are for..

DucatiBomber likes this.
  9. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Just don't let your fingers run down the barrel. I've seen some pics of some mangled hands from the gasses around the cylinder.

[​IMG]

10. lizard84

A finger beside or in front of any revolver cylinder while firing has alway been a no no. This is not new shit.

triplestrong likes this.
  11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

AND/OR inmates....:)

12. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I enjoy the YouTube channel “demolition ranch.” He has put the 700 grain rounds into the hands of experienced shooters, and filmed their reactions.

He has also put a Barrett 50 cal in the hands of a strong man competitor and laughed about how small he makes the rifle look.

It’s a goofy, but not uninformative channel. Plus i really like the presenter. Dude had the smarts to monotize his YouTube channel, and has easily $200,000 in exotic firearms, that i presume are all assets of his LLC. Smart.

triplestrong likes this.
  13. BrianC636

BrianC636 Well-Known Member

And the dude is a veterinarian that seems to genuinely care about animals.

rk97, triplestrong and Jedb like this.
  14. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Yep Have a Franklin Armory BFSIII on a sbr. Works fine once you get the cadence. Took some time to get the .22lr upper to work right but worked with the .223 upper out of the box.

15. Woofentino Pugr

I've hunted with mine. Hell I've pulled mine in a self defense situation at my brothers cabin on a trespasser who tried to run my brother over with a 4 wheeler. Amazing how fast the guy hit the binders and put his hands up when he seen the big triangular barrel with the half inch hole pointed at him. Charged with vehicular assault.

16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

You must have very large hands...I wear XL gloves and have strong hands...the .50AE is just HUGE...and not fun to shoot. (For Me).

17. triplestrong

I've seen the channel. I dig it. If you really want to "hurt" try out a S&W 329PD with some 240 grain. That light ass thing killed my middle finger with the trigger guard with one round (next 5 were brutal). I don't care to shoot it again with those rounds.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2018
  18. triplestrong

That's the one I'm going with.

19. Woofentino Pugr

Yep. My martial arts instructors call them bear paws.:crackup:Shooting my LCP sucks though.

Britt likes this.
  20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Oh man, I have been tempted to buy a scorpion. Then I saw the binary trigger for it when it came out and now the temptation real damn strong.