1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. ton

ton Arf!

everything i've read on that gun suggests there's very limited and tailor-made ammo for it that hits the sweet spot. otherwise... ouch.

2. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

You should get it, the thing is accurate as hell.

The ONLY gripe I had was the ambi safety digs into your finger. My bros trigger came with a replacement safety so that issue is rectified.

blkduc likes this.
  3. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

I don't own one. Just had a chance to fire one. Honestly, I didn't care for the way it points.

4. triplestrong

Yea, it's a ton of fun. I have about 9k rounds thru it, not one issue with the cheap ball stuff (or at all for that matter). They have also come down in price since I got mine a couple years ago.

blkduc likes this.
  5. triplestrong

There are companies that make replacement levers for that issue. Was the first thing I did. HB Industries, Manticor arms, CZ custom shop to name a few.

rugbymook likes this.
  6. triplestrong

Got a chance to shoot the Franklin Armory BFSIII in the Scorpion yesterday. It's pretty darn kool. No issues and installing it was easy. Wasted about 500 rounds in short order. 30 round mag dumps in around 3 seconds while staying on the paper pretty easily at 15 yards. Good fun. Getting one for the AR as well.

7. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Nice! Sounds fun. My son is getting a Scorpion, I told him he should get that trigger.

Hey can someone tell me what the difference is with the EVO 3?

8. triplestrong

Compared to what? The Scorpion evo3 S1 is the model name. Comes in carbine length or pistol. I have the pistol. Love it. http://cz-usa.com/product-category/scorpionbren/

9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Oops. I thought the EVO 3 was a rev 3...I was thinking there were earlier versions so I was wondering what changed. Sorry about that.

My son is getting the pistol version with an SB Tactical pistol brace. I think I'm going to have to have one too after I shoot his.

triplestrong likes this.
  10. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

I've been wanting a 1911 for a couple years now. I decided I would spend a little more than I might usually and get something more than basic. I have been liking the Springfield MC Operator in green and black. Yesterday a friend sent me pics of TRP operator with a full rail a local shop had just got in and posted on their FB. I was near the shop later in the day so I stopped in to check it out. I liked the upgrades on the TRP for just a little more. The shop knocked 150 off, so I pick it up day after Thanksgiving.
    TRP Operator.jpg

BJR119 likes this.
  11. rugbymook

rugbymook Under Construction

Yep. I put the HB Indutries safety lever on mine before I even shot the thing!

BJR119 and triplestrong like this.
  12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I had a TRP previously. Ran like clockwork. Probably one of the best production 1911's out there. I actually love the checkering on the front strap, really locks it in. Congrats, going to be a soft shooter with that full rail.

13. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Well I had to wait a month but it was worth it to get it brand new unopened. G19 gen5 MOS. I can’t wait to hit the range with my first gun!
    IMG_2378.jpg

14. shakazulu12

Your cat doesn't seem impressed.

TheGrouchyCat likes this.
  15. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Nice gun....is that Grouchy Cat?

16. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Thanks. Exactly what I was hoping to hear from someone who has/had a TRP. I'm anxious to get it.

17. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Nah this is the creepy cat, the grouchy cat passed away like 3 years ago she was my mom’s

18. shakazulu12

Just based on those grips, you are in Cali or got a Cali model that has the ILS? you can get rid of that for 10 bucks and smooth up the trigger pull slightly. Springfield no longer puts that on models for other states, but because it was a feature on the roster guns it had to stay. Here is a thread and where to get the kit. Gets rid of that stupid 30 pound mainspring and switches it to a regular 23 pound spring. It's not a game changing difference, you may not even notice other than it's easier to cock the hammer during dryfire. But some people had issues with the ILS and it's one of those "JMB didn't have it in his so I don't want it" kinda things. Otherwise, just shoot the hell out of it. I lubed mine with Mobile 1 most of the time and it pretty much ran like a Glock.

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=334332

https://www.brownells.com/handgun-p...mainspring-housing-rebuild-kit-prod27082.aspx

19. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

I was issued a TRP Pro Rail about 15 years ago. I’ve carried them every since and have over 100k rds through them. Hit me up if you have any questions. I’m by no means an expert but I run the ranges and I’ve seen what works with them and what doesn’t.

Great choice!!!

shakazulu12 likes this.
  20. wsmc42

wsmc42 Well-Known Member

Yep, I'm in Cali. It does come with a second set of grips. I'll give them both a try. Thanks for the links.

Awesome. Thanks!