1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I must be in Texas...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hooper, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Steak and Shake is similar, but no where near as good. People usually either hate or love Skyline. There aren't any other good chili places in South Florida.

cpettit likes this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's really more a meat sauce since the main spices aren't chilis but it is still wonderful stuff :D

Meh, Steak and Shake has some weird hybrid they put on pasta.

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Is there more than the one in Ft Lauderdale?

Holy shit - I just looked - half a dozen of them including Ft Myers and Naples :D

4. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

I'm a Texan (always will be), but when I went from my undergrad degree in Austin (Hook 'em Horns!), to Grad Scrool at U of A in Tucson, I hung out with some elite triathaletes (you can train outdoor all year long in Tucson), and often times like on training rides with them, I would say something like
    'back in Texas'... we would, or we did...; well, among them, I often became known, or they would raz me about 'back in Texas'...

hence I think about those times with John Clothier (now an MD in the San Fran Bay area), and Jimmy Ricitello (training coach in still in Tucson area), or Kenny Langone (?), or Paul Huddle, ( in Cali, an accomplished Triathlete himself, and hosts a radio show about Triathlon)

Brings back some great memories

Shoot dammit Hell, Back in Texas we would...

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I know of a Kenneth Langone... Co founder of Home Depot.

Not the same Kenny?

6. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/201...llas-county-sheriffs-department-property-room

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I make my own chili con carne. Starts be roasting fresh chilies (jalapeno and Hatch). I puree them and add them to very coarse-ground beef. A few other spices and leave it all in the crock pot all day. If it's thin, I tighten it up with some masa.

8. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Took me awhile to warm up to it after growing up eating Toledo/Detroit chili dogs. But once I discovered that liberal use of their hot sauce made everything better, I embraced Skyline for what it was rather than arguing that it was wrong.

9. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Quitter.