1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I must be in Texas...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by Hooper, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

This is the motif in my hotel room in McAllen... :D

upload_2018-8-11_18-19-27.png

No f@ckin way that flies in the Bay Area. :eek:

Kolbe, scottn, sheepofblue and 4 others like this.
  2. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, yep, that be Texas all right. :D

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Did... did someone piss all over the floor?

4. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Hahaha...

No. That is just the design on the carpet. :)

upload_2018-8-11_20-10-47.png

5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It looks like that room was decorated by a graduate of the Perkins School.

6. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

The blood stains from all the duels at high noon!!:eek:

7. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

Being a Texan (now live in the Midwest)

That place is Awesome! I think the floor is supposed to resemble cowhide,?

Looks to be a mom and pop sort of place- often the best stays there are.

Be sure to eat some grits while you're around there.
    My favorite are Cajun cheese grits(simply putting cheedar cheese and hot sauce like tabasco in the grits)
    Great eating
    Have fun

PS- The bay area? My family was recently there for a few days visiting showing my sister in law and adult niece the 'west coast' They traveled some of the coastal highway while in Cali.
    Even my wife stated what a, well lets just say it wasn't pretty, some of the area was with homeless types, etc.

8. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I am actually a Texan as well (born in Fort Worth) but I have lived most of my life in CA, currently San Jose. I'm only a few years away from retirement and I'll likely end somewhere back here in Texas when that time comes. :)

This hotel is actually a Renaissance Hotel (Marriott brand). It is an old hotel in the old-town district of McAllen that has seen many renovations in it's life. This particular motif has been done fairly recently as it wasn't like this when I was here a few years ago.

pefrey and K51000 like this.
  9. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

When you move back from Cali do they have to delouse you? Well unless you are moving to Austin.

10. R Acree

R Acree Banned

They do have a BBQ recipe quiz. If any of your ingredients are plant based, they refuse entry.

sheepofblue likes this.
  11. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Actually, they just ask you if you like beans in your chili.

Am I right panthercity?

Yes to beans means no residency for you! :Poke:

panthercity and K51000 like this.
  12. sheepofblue

No beans means it is sauce....

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sort of, even Texas has it wrong. Chili is a pepper. Chili con Carne is peppers and beef. It can be a sauce but it can be chunky more like a stew or braise or whatever you prefer :D

14. sheepofblue

w/beans on a hot dog....

15. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

Oh hell no...

For a bowl of chili I actually prefer beans (hopefully I'll still get to retire in Texas :D) but for chili dogs it definitely needs to be beans free. :)

16. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Speaking of Texas...

Texas has the ability to address gun violence [Opinion]
    Lupe Valdez June 1, 2018
    "We also should enact new safety requirements that hold parents accountable if reckless storage of weapons allows children to gain access to a firearm. A vast majority of students who commit violence at schools acquire their weapons from a family member’s home. This is a simple step that would encourage more cautious storage of weapons."

Gun Issued To Former Dallas County Sheriff Running For Governor Missing
    August 13, 2018
    AUSTIN, Texas (AP) – A gun loaned to Texas’ Democratic nominee for governor while she was sheriff of Dallas County is missing and she is working with her former department to find it, authorities said Monday.

Lupe Valdez was sheriff for 13 years before stepping down in December to become a longshot challenger to Republican Gov. Greg Abbott.
    In a statement, spokesman Juan Bautista Dominguez said: “it is possible that this weapon could have been stolen or misplaced during Sheriff Valdez’s moving transition and she is working with Dallas County Sheriff Department to locate the firearm.”

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Why would you put beans on a hot dog? The dog is already filler for the good stuff :D

18. sheepofblue

bean chili, mustard and cheese....just had some :rtfrb:

19. Timothy Landon

Timothy Landon Well-Known Member

A lot of people don't consider it chili. But I love Skyline Chili. Cincinnati style. Three Way, Four Way or Five Way. You have the choice of beans and or unyawn. Have it at least once a week.

20. R Acree

R Acree Banned

That isn't chili. Is the swill they have at Steak and Shake similar?