1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I miss my Gen 2! $2,000

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by busa99, Mar 31, 2017.

1. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

A few years back, in a pinch I bought an 03 R6 to get me through the season. Had a few bikes since then and currently race a Kaw but as I search for a reliable inexpensive bike to coach on I can't help but think... Damn, I should of have never sold my gen2. Rock solid, handled great and couldn't kill it.
    So if your in the northeast, have one collecting dust in the garage and are willing to part with it for a couple grand. Let me know.

2. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

good call. my first track bike. since the v8 class was introduced I bought my 3rd 2nd gen and it will be buried with me!

busa99 likes this.
  3. Powder Works

Powder Works Active Member

Karns performance in Mechanicsburg, PA has one they are getting ready to sell

bmxr likes this.
  4. John Hancock

John Hancock Well-Known Member

I've bought one a while back for a good deal. Its plenty fast for me. I had contemplated selling it last month but decided to keep it.

5. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Awesome, I will call them Monday

6. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

So your just playing with m emotions ? Lol .. they really are great bikes

John Hancock likes this.
  7. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

Had an '03 that I bought new and sold in 2012. Immediately regretted it and started looking again a few months later.

I'm on my second now as well and don't think I'll ever be able to part with her......IMHO the best all-around supersport ever made, current whiz-bang bikes included.

Sorry to twist the screws a bit more. Good luck on the search!

[​IMG]

busa99 likes this.
  8. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: Great looking bike! And I agree 100%, when you factor in handling, braking, reliability,etc. all things being equal Gen 2 is one of the best.

9. TheGrouchyCat

TheGrouchyCat Don't let my friends know I'm slow

Love mine! Not for sale though sorry, I just like to look at pictures of it :)
    [​IMG]

busa99 likes this.
  10. lateapexer

11. lateapexer

I would send a low ball offer on this one

12. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Thanks, don't want to pay that much or drive that far but it's worth looking into.

13. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

See, I told you to keep it...:D

busa99 likes this.
  14. lateapexer

What state are you in?

15. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

Lol very true

16. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

New Jersey

17. lateapexer

Would you consider building a project bike if it was cheap enough?

18. busa99

busa99 Well-Known Member

I imagine one would price thereselves out of the market to build one.

19. JBarx

JBarx Status: None.

On my second Gen 2 for the street. The 2005 is a sweet piece. I can't imagine ever parting with it. Every time I get on my SV for the track I'm like.... :(

20. JTRC51

JTRC51 El Speedy Gonzalez

Miss mine still. Bike was loaded with all the goodies and man she railed!!!! Was so clean you could eat off it too! R6s_zps3ddd4af4.jpg

Just a thought but another bike that handles as good, just as reliable but a bit faster than this gen R6 is a CBR600RR (07+) it was a great bike too. Expanding your options.

TheGrouchyCat and busa99 like this.