1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I miss my Gen 2! $2,000

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by busa99, Mar 31, 2017.

1. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

:crackup:nnnnnoooooo! You guys are worse than the voices in my head:p

2. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

we are all the devil's advocate lol

3. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

Sorry, I was "offline" this weekend... I dunno what these sorts of things are going for to be honest. Haven't been watching "the market".

But... Assuming it still runs OK and including some spares (wheels, sprockets, new battery, etc.), $2500? As much as I'd like to run out this weekend and do another track day, I probably should get rid of it.

It shows a few signs of being an ex-race bike (nothing on the bike is scratch or ding free!), but is pretty well sorted. Frankly, I was never comfortable on it, because it doesn't seem to fit me that well size-wize. If I was going to go back to the track days, I'd probably look for a FI GSX-R 600-750. A bit more room on those.

Hey, as long as we are talking dream build-ups, you could convert it to Hillborn mechanical fuel injection with stacks coming out of the tank! Carb problem solved!

4. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Actually, I'd investigate a rack of SmartCarbs before going Hillborn mfi, I've got one on a smoker and it's a game changer on that bike. If I can ever afford it I'm going to test a rack of 'em on my FZR.

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Im not worried about carbs. Im not ready to take a plunge on a new-to-me racebike at the moment,but will be at the end of this season without a doubt,and I will be in Florida in october......so we'll see:D

6. Smilodon

Smilodon Wannabe

I was joking (thinking of the old V8 drag racer type stacks), but didn't realize there was such a thing as a "smart carb" for bikes. I assume that is like the muscle-car carb replacements that have the same form factor as an old Holley carb, but are actually something like throttle body fuel injection? If so, pretty cool!