1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love the Olympics

Discussion in 'General' started by CafeRacer, Jul 28, 2012.

1. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

People probably say the same thing about roadracing

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I can't stand team bicycle racing where they pick the guy who will get the medal shot before the race and all the other teammates are cannon fodder - screw that. Pick the golden boys and have just them race, no teams, no bullshit. Yes I know all you bicycle racers will disagree but you suck. :D

Anything that is judged is NOT a sport. Anything that is more enjoyable while drunk off your ass is NOT a sport (ping pong and badminton as two examples from the summer games).

Other than that the little I've watched has been cool. Saw some serious crash and burns last night out at dinner in mens gymnastics that were cool for a non sport.

BTW - just because someone is athletic does not make what they are doing a sport.

3. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

so in your opinion, a person that has sponsors, wears a jersey, gets a salary, and is the World Champion Thumb Wrestler is not an athlete :confused: :tut:

:crackup:

almost forgot this :Poke:

4. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

And why do they show poker on ESPN?

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Because they get good ratings from it and, as a result of the good ratings, are able to make a lot of money selling advertising spots

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Don't confuse athletes with what they're doing being a sport or not. Thumb wrestling takes physical skill and dexterity and has a clear winner or loser. It is a sport.

Boxing when decided by TKO or scored on points is not a sport. All matches should go on til one boxer gets knocked the f out or gives up. Then it's a sport. :D

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Cuz they're money grubbing hos who don't care about their channel looking stupid.

8. CafeRacer

CafeRacer Well-Known Member

Look everyone. Mongo has opinions.

9. RubberChicken

RubberChicken PimpMasterT

And he's exercising them, in preparation for the Beeb Olmpics!

10. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

How do we determine a winner in the beeb olympics? Can't be judged!

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

These are not opinions, they are merely statements of fact.

:D

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The beeb olympics would be just a contest not an actual sport.

13. joec

joec brace yourself

i see another angle for a yuengling sponsorship.

14. USA mens basketball is playing but they show broads on bicycles ? WTF ? NBC must know something I don't

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Mens game is over already.

16. Tdub

Tdub Say what???

Last person not banned wins!

17. LabRat

LabRat Well-Known Member

I was digging the indoor volleyball, where after each play they would huddle up and smack each others asses. Then they switched over to mens volleyball and they were doing the same..

18. elevenn7

elevenn7 Well-Known Member

I know Vino has had kind of a shady past, but it was really cool to see him win the road race...talk about going out with a bang.

19. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Go to http://www.nbcolympics.com/ and if your cable provider is listed you can watch EVERY event LIVE. They really did it right. It actually works.

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Holy crap, the froggy ran down Ryan Lochte and beat him!