1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I love the Olympics

Discussion in 'General' started by CafeRacer, Jul 28, 2012.

1. CafeRacer

CafeRacer Well-Known Member

Already today, I have screamed at the TV during cycling, fencing, and badminton. I've never watched fencing or badminton before.

2. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Ladies foil was awesome. Pissed they didn't show men's archery final. My productivity is taking a serious dive for two weeks.

3. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

We've been glued to the couch all day. Swimming, a little soccer and now wonens indoor volleybal. I couldn't follow fencing and badminton lasted only long enough to
    figure out it did.

Oh. And it all started will mens team archery. Boys choked!

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I watched the bicycle race and the swimming finals. Exciting stuff so far. The silver medalist in the bike race got punked by Vinokourov!

5. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

They did. Watched it this morning and again just now.

6. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Played badminton at the highest national level in Ireland for several years (as a kid)
    Won loads locally but nationally I got my (shuttle cock) whipped reguarily.

7. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Thank you. I've been glued to the TV since last night. I thought the opening ceremony was great. Gave me goose bumps. I could care less about the commercialization, pro's vs amateurs...I just want to see the best athletes in the world compete for a piece of metal.

I'll be a couch potato for the next couple of weeks.

Bring it on!!

8. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Ok, so what is this game that looks like soccer only they use their hands to throw a ball back and forth and try to get it in a goal(like soccer), but looks like the same size court as a basketball court? I'm watching the ladies of Norway and France and it's pretty exciting, but I still haven't heard them say what game it is.

9. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Ball is slightly smaller than a basketball, goal is the same size as a hockey goal.

10. T.Read

T.Read Well-Known Member

Nevermind. Figured it out. Handball...go figure.

11. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Handball. When I lived in Germany, our station used to play the German guys in it all the time. They thought they could rule because it was "their" game, but us Yanks held our own. Best thing was, after each game they would pull out a couple of cases of beer.

As I recall, you can take 2 steps and you have to drible or pass. Pretty simple game and a blast to play.

12. GixxerBlade

GixxerBlade Oh geez

I shut off my cable tv so I can't access the content online. I am having to run a proxy through the uk to catch it on BBC. One good thing about that is their coverage kicks ass!

13. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

The US women's volleyball libero Nicole Davis is from this area, a good friend of mine was her high school VB coach. She's always played much bigger than her size!!

14. Pompey

Pompey Well-Known Member

So what name is handall going to be changed to in the USA??:)

15. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

16. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

I think it's called Team Handball. Looks like water polo without the water

17. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

It is a bad ass game too. Saw it in Atlanta, 1996. About the only event I could get tickets for, and it was damned good.

18. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

I saw it on TV at that last Olympics and thought, "WTF?" then watched it and got hooked. Looked like a blast.

Kind of like the Curling in Winter Olympics. :up:

19. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

We called it European Handball when I played it in high school. Fun game.

20. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

I do not understand why people like the Olympics, they're fucking awful.