1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just saw the video.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by todzuki, May 13, 2004.

1. todzuki

todzuki got OBS?

It has nothing to do with opinion. It is fact. No partisan BS. It's just a fact made up of facts based on the truth that the bush admin lied to us about the necessity.

Here's a few of my favs;

-"not only do we know they have them (WMDs), but we know where they are." Rummy
    -"imminent danger" and "immediate threat"

Then he lies about having ever said those things and gets cold busted on TV with his own remarks.

So if you believe that this military action in Iraq was/is justified, tell me why. Most of the people I know who are pro-bush and anti-left are complete political buffoons and blindly follow. They know approximately half of dick about current events and make fools of themselves when they speak. Unfortunately, they are usually talking to other morons who know about as much.

So if you have an intelligent answer to why you think the military action in Iraq is right, start typing.

2. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

i can acknowledge the necessity of war without particularly caring for it.

how do you feel about loud, obnoxious, arrogant people who feel they have a some inalienable (sp) right to tell you what to do?
    most people do not like that kind of stuff.
    now imagine if it was the worlds most powerful nation doing this to your block.
    how can you not see how there are people who do not care for us?

interesting diatribe on the origins of war.

what is not so interesting is that you think our problems with the arab world, specifically terrorists, started in the '90's.

3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

True, you have no control over the way you feel. But you have total control over what you say, when you say it and where. And it's easy to loudly take a publicly popular stance. But if you did not take the same stance against a similar event when the enemy was not as unpopular, my opinion is that you're being hypocritical. I would go a little further in my answer, but there is a slight chance Green would understand my initial analogy and I want him to think that he "won."

But I will add this: if those " circumstances you have no control over" make you react differently depending on who is cutting the heads of innocent people, I guess we have very different values. I am not saying mine are better. Just different.

By the way, I am not directing this at you as an individual. Just responding to the content of the statement.

4. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Here is a pile of reasons from Saddam himself, circa 1986

[​IMG]

just a little picture from presentation given by an Arab Dr at University of London.

But ya know...genocide is a word that is so thrown around these days. I mean, come on...he only killed a couple hundred thousand women and children. The biological weapons only made them blister, vomit and writhe in pain for a little while.

So that is why I'm cool with us being there, WMD or not. I say the reasons from the eighties are enough to warrant ending the regime, but I wish we had done it sooner.

5. jwb

agreed, but...

our government sometimes picks and chooses whose genocide is important enough to actually spur some action; furthermore, the level of of said action tends to slide around on some invisible scale.

btw, how is that wife of yours?

6. Why would anyone want to bother? You have unequivocally stated that:

a) Your mind is closed to any opinion other than your own, and
    b) anyone who has a different opinion or view is a buffoon/fool/moron.

Trying to have a discussion with you would be a total waste of effort.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No doubt. But why lie about it? :confused:

8. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

"All you need is confidence and ignorance, then success is sure"
    ~Mark Twain

9. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

You mean a proactive effort going beyond normal reactionary standards in the event of a terrorist attack?:D

10. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

One was actually video taped, so it's worse than a first hand account...with the news/movies desensitizing the populous with the stories of a murder on a seemlingly hourly basis, it is quite a different thing to see it "up close & personal" rather than read it in a news article

11. jwb

if you are smart you will retire with this post.

i do not think you will ever be able to come close to it again...

12. BOTH were videotaped. The Daniel Pearl video is and has been available on the internet. Censored versions were broadcast on the various news media, just like with the Berg video.

13. jwb

we did not wage war on iraq because of a terrorist act.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He was still getting drunk in college at the time. :D

15. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

let me rephrase that for you folks who can't see through papa's normal drivel...

"If it's just you and YamahaFan who don't get it, I have absolutely no problem with you thinking you 'won' "

<interpreter>
    I'm not going to answer those questions that you posed because that would prove I was wrong in my earlier statement of calling everyone hypocrites. You simply "don't get" that I am NEVER wrong, and can therefore, never be questioned.

"Remember that other thread where you said you had more respect for me before the thread started? As I recall, my answer was that I would not lose any sleep over it. I haven't."

<interpreter>
    Let me go back to a thread where the concensus said I was correct to distract everyone from the fact that I can't construct a decent rebuttal to green's two direct questions and thereby invalidate my first comment on this thread.

p.s. Was that answer liberal enough for you?

Let's see...individual asked direct question, individual doesn't answer question, individual insults question asker for posing the question....

Yup...sounds along the lines of a normal debate with a liberal to me:D

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Green, the part I enjoy most is the amount of time you spend trying to get me to acknowledge your BS. You post 25 lines every time I post one to tell you you are not worth the time. LOL. :D Try making sense, or being consistent and I might play with you. Now let's see if you have enough self-assurance not to respond. :D

17. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

<interpreter>
    "it's easy to take a public popular stance, but if you don't take the same stance against every single world event that pops up in your life, you're a hypocrite"

Ahhhhhh....so apparently, you are dictating to me how i must react to each and every situation, but since i didn't join the police force when your paricular insident of the thousands that occur each year, i'm a hypocrite? Because your not stating i'm a hypocrite because i'm for the war and haven't enlisted, your calling me a hypocrite because i don't react to each and every instance of violence with the exact same amount of fervor...so i'm not actually a hypocrite, but you are apparently arrogant enough to think that you can tell me in what ways i should react to each and every occurrence of violence in this world..

<interpreter>
    "obviously since this green character had no idea what a power commander was, he has no idea what he is talking about in every other facet of any area of life...therefore, by aligning yourself or even agreeing with anything he says puts you on the same level as green, and you are also a moron..."

Discredit the source, and you discredit the arguer. Nice Try, Your overzealous arrogance of the knowledge you possess over ALL subjects is humorous ;)

Yet you dictate to me how i should react to these 'circumstances i can't control'...even though we have 'different values'...arrogant...there's that word again....why does it follow you around so much????:Poke:

18. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

I admit to being ignorant in certain aspects of my life...what i keep hearing from you is, "i know everything there is to know about anything"...this blissful arrogance is so readily common amongst liberals it is why most conservatives refuse to talk to debate with them...the very essence of wisdom is possessing the knowledge that you don't know everything...otherwise your a pompus, arrogant individual who is kidding themselves into believing that their arguments truly mean something...

What i was trying to convey by the quote is...i am admitedly ignorant on many subjects, but possess the confidence and will power to overcome those areas of ignorance (just as with my knowledge of motorcycles and racing) - which is what i feel mark twain was trying to convey as well...

19. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Yo Papa...you better talk to your boy over here...he's agreeing with my statements about the military

20. HPPT

HPPT !!!

He is absolutely correct. The administration just pretended it was about terrorism. ;)

So it's not sufficient that people beat you up, you HAVE to hand them additional weapons to do it? :Poke: :D