1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I just saw the video.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by todzuki, May 13, 2004.

1. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

How does that change the fact that i saw the one and didn't see the other one? I'm sure i would have reacted in quite the same manner if the footage were just as gruesome...video adds an element of experience to a situation...where as with the daniel pearl insident, all i remember about that was finding out he had been killed after he'd disappeared...

Look at it from this standpoint...

Your watching speed and you see the footage of zemke making an incredible sliding pass on the inside of mladin to win this weekend at barber...holy cow, it's the greatest move you've ever seen...now - say you didn't see the footage and read on roadracingworld.com that zemke made a great inside move on mladin to win at barber...which was able to arouse more emotion, the video or the article? Now granted i speak from personal experience, but i've always thought that actually seeing somethign made the entire experience much more tangible...

When i think about the video of berg, i can see very clearly in my mind exactly what happened, and sometimes its hard not to thing about it...but when i read the article about pearl disappearing...there's less of a personal experience in that event

2. WeaselBob

WeaselBob Well-Known Member

kid, you did it again, you're hopeless

as you as you spout generalities about a race, ethnic group, culture or ideology you make yourself look really, really ignorant. Now if you try to back up you claim wih crap like "it is comon knowlege" or "widely accepted" or some other such tripe you'll prove yourself well beyond ignorant

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  3. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Ok...i'm just not going to bother with you anymore on this subject...i'm deleting this thread from my subscriptions...because apparently, you are eloquent enough to put little spins on what has been said and managed to call me a moron in every response...

No wonder no one debates with you...it's like debating a 5 year old genius...

Every response includes some pithy putdown...and all your rebuttals include is at best a "nu-uh" statement in their entirety

So i tell you what papa...when you can finally step up to the plate, and prove the majority of my, at this point, rock solid arguments (with the exception of the proactive/reactive junk, because i'll admit that was shakey supporting evidence - because it could be used to support either position), then you can earn my respect - even if that means very little to you (or at the very least to keep some amount of dignity on the bbs)...and do me a favor...call off your little toadie jwb...because all he does is try to answer for you since you can't answer, and it makes you both look like dumb dumbs...:(

4. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

old man, you did it again, you're beyond hopeless

ahhhhh...and you yourself are free from such horrific charges of generalization...also note within the statement the term "common" therefore not making an entire assumption towards the entire population in question...allow the statements i make to soak a little bit in that brain of yours before jumping to conclusions

5. jwb

jwb but... I AM NAPOLEAN!!!!

weak

when have i ever said that i knew everything about anything?
    find it, find even a remote reference to it, the slightest hint...

why do you automatically assume that i am a liberal?
    in all actuality i am far from what most would consider liberal in the majority of my views.

you talk about wisdom and acknowledging your own ignorance yet you fail to respond to any post that proves you are wrong.
    go back and check, the most recent is the video of the reporter killed a couple of years ago. you ran your mouth abiout something you knew nothing about and then was clearly shown you error and you just glossed over it.

how is this behavior not this akin to what you were railing about in the quoted post?

and one could also take the twain quote to mean that some people are too stupid to know when they are beat.

now, there are three question marks in my post.
    i am dying to hear a response...

edited: after posting i saw your weak argumments in response to the video evidence.

6. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Is this the best you guys can do???? C'mon...i ain't even tryin:D

7. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Such as...:confused:
    scroll up about three posts...although it is difficult for me to admit when my arguments stand on shakey grounds, i will do so in certain instances...if you want a reference...scroll up in a post to papa 3 posts ago...yeah...looks like i have a big problem there :rolleyes:

So ignorance, according to you is stupidity, and therefore by that same logic stupidity and confidence make success according to mark twain...i somewhat will agree with that, but it neither invalidates my position on my particular ignorances or how i confirm my positions in arguments

8. jwb

so everyone that sees how silly and ridiculous you are is papa's toadie?

i am going to chalk up your mind set to just be young and stupid.
    because you have proven yourself to be just that.

you spout off about shit you do not really have an understanding about and then immediately lump all those that do not agree with you into an ever increasing number of neat little piles off to your left.

you are nothing more than a charactiture of the reasons that a bunch of other nations and cultures do not like americans.

every time you try to debate, the shit that comes out of you proves the general opinion of you on this bbs.

9. jwb

you only referenced one question and then did not een attempt to answer it.

you only prove my point again...

also, if you will notice, i did edit my post after reading your response. still a weak ass argument...

10. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

i sense a bit of aggitation in that tone young man:Poke:

Let's see...i respond with valid points...you and papa responds with a point here and there but mostly ridicule...I don't lump people into groups...i call them like i see them...people with the views expressed by you, papa, and weasel, are generally considered liberal...however there are exceptions...AND I COULD BE WRONG (happy?):D

And as for the charactiture of why other nations hate americans...uhhhhh...i've debated with you on this single subject and you've "immediately lumped" me into a group when you don't really know anything about me or what i believe in:confused: Sounds like the pot callin the kettle black to me

11. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Pose your direct question cause i'm too lazy to go back and try and figure out which tiny aspect i didn't answer

12. jwb

you did not respond to the questions that i asked you directly.
    i believe you were whining about this very thing earlier.

your calling them like you see them is laughable because you prove time and again that you are a very narrow and unenlightened.

exactly what views do i share with liberals?
    (hint: that is a question that requires a direct response.)

i did not lump you into a category by calling you a charactiture.

and yes, you are transparent enough to know just by reading your posts.

13. jwb

again you prove my point about being a charactiture.

the tiny aspects you failed to answer were the questions themselves.

you really are not very good at this...

14. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Hey Papa! Can I have a quarter to go to the movies?

15. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

That was another pithy insult...pose your question and i will enlighten you my son:rolleyes:

16. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Any intelligent person reading that would believe this is the end of the conversation, yet...

You don't even need my help embarrassing yourself. Familiarize yourself with the forum and let's see how you can back this one up.:D

Well, it's about time. So, were you just fighting it to save face?

Which part of I won't lose any sleep over it don't you understand? Didn't I say it several times? It truly means nothing to me. Not until you grow up. That could take a while.

Unfortunately, you only speak for yourself as nobody appointed you spokesperson. So again, :moon:

Unfortunately I don't know him, and judging by the way he's schooling you I wish I had had a chance to meet him.

So, are you really finished with me this time? I can't be any clearer: I will not dignify your BS with a serious answer, I don't care to "earn" your respect, and I would like help you shout that YOU WIN since it's so important to your self-esteem. If this is still confusing to you, I just don't know what to do any more. :)

17. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Re: And now, the politically incorrect view

Sorry to dig so far back in the thread, but this is possibly the single most enlightened post I've ever read on this or any other forum.

If I hear one more self-righteous moron prattle on about how the Berg killing was such a fundamental affront to all that is American, and how "them damn towelheads deserve to be wiped out" I'm gonna puke. This was the general theme of a converation I herd at work this morning...anyway...

That Texas man was dragged behind a pickup truck...first until he was dead, and ultimately until his head was actually pulled off of his body...all because he was black. Where was the outrage then? That happen IN AMERICA, TO AN AMERICAN, and was done BY AMERICANS, just like Papa said above.

Oh, but that's not representative of Americans of course, that's just a small number of evil racist assholes who deserve to die themselves, right? Well if that's the case, then why does the Berg killing suddenly become representative of an entire race of people, AND an entire religion?

Goddammit sometimes the ignorance in the world is so thick I can't breathe...

Sorry Papa I know I'm just restating your point here...I couldn't help it.

18. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Of the two groups...when comparing you to either a conservative or a liberal..the characteristics you display that cause you to have more in common with the multitude of liberals than the multitude of conservatives are the following:

1. War is not a viable option for anything
    proof
    That is just one parallel...but that doesn't necessily preclude you from being conservative on issues...heck...when it comes to the environment...even though i'm a conservative...i'm probably more liberal than you are...i realize that there are areas where people are grey and no one is truly completely conservative or completely liberal...however, when it comes to liberal values towards war...you appear to share many of the same values

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Re: Re: And now, the politically incorrect view

Shhhhhh! Be quiet. Green might hear you and confiscate your BBS dignity. :D

20. Lever

Lever Well-Known Member

Winning isn't important...the fact that i have defended myself with valid and meaningful statements regarding those who you regard as hypocrites is the whole basis for the arguments...its not important to me whether or not i win...but i would like to see regarding the hypocritical statement...you state you were wrong...apparently, that is impossible for you to do...so you just dodged all of my questions and played games on the board rather than becoming immersed in a serious discussion and let jwb try and handle your problem for you...i admit the grounds weren't really level because your position was so incredibly weak...i don't blame you for not answering any of my questions and dancing around the real issues...i look forward to our next encounter...i'll be sure to wait for you to get a little bit more level playing field so you can come back with something a little more elegant than..."nu uh" and i'm too lazy to respond to prove anything ;)