1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I hate Iceland.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by H8R, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They looked not good but Rogers is really pretty amazing. Add in having a great team around him and they're going to be hard for anyone to beat this season.

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I could see the Packers winning it this year.

3. hank748

hank748 Well-Known Member

However...

it's rather difficult to hate Iceland after you google "Miss Iceland"

A sample
    [​IMG]

4. Putter

Iceland, Bjork, black people, tasty goods from pigs and cows................and now football. All in one thread.

I love this place.

5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hell, if MN can't stop a pass rush, or even slow it down just a little, what chance does the offense have of ever putting points up? It was only that kickoff fumble recovery that gave us a shot at putting 7 up.

6. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

Jarod Allen is a monster. He has great ball and field awareness....he's always close to the ball carrier.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, that might have had 3 on their actual own merit if it hadn't been for the wind and the 5 yard penalty :D

I have to admit, I watched the first half, listened to half the 3rd quarter on the radio driving home but just couldn't bear to turn it on when I got there. Felt too bad to watch them implode more.

8. Putter

That's too bad we got that penalty on the field goal. He blasted that first one. I read somewhere that Lambeau is one of the toughest places to kick field goals.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Good thing our kicker has a lotta practice there. :p

10. Putter

That first one was a great shot though! 50 yards into a crosswind. I'm glad the Queens were on Monday Night Football last night. What a terrible friggen day.

11. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

They've got it up here too. The one German resteraunt in the something like 90% Italian descent city I live in has it, and all other sorts of authentic shit. My grandpa ate at this resteraunt with his Marine buddies every Tuesday for something like 55 years until he was the only one left - their picture is on the wall, even. We go there for New Years Eve dinner every year, and my wife hates it, and to be honest I don't much care for most of it but it's impossible to say no, out of respect. I actually like some of the traditional German foods, but I'll admit once a year is enough.

It is funny as hell to watch my wife eat nothing but bread and salad while most of the men are eating all the liverwurst, cannibal sammiches, pickled herring, etc. tho!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  12. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Lutefisk can't be any worse than Haggis. Church suppers feature it in my wife's home town in Vermont. In case you'd like to try it....

HAGGIS
    Ingredients
    1 sheep's lung (illegal in the U.S.; may be omitted if not available)
    1 sheep stomach
    1 sheep liver
    1 sheep heart
    1 sheep tongue
    1/2 pound suet, minced
    3 medium onions, minced
    1/2 pound dry oats, toasted
    1 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1 teaspoon dried ground herbs
    Directions
    Rinse the lung and stomach thoroughly and soak overnight in cold salted water.

Rinse the lung, liver, heart, and tongue. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook these parts over medium heat for 2 hours. Remove and mince. Remove any gristle or skin and discard.

In a large bowl, combine the minced liver, heart, tongue, suet, onions, and toasted oats. Season with salt, pepper, and dried herbs. Moisten with some of the cooking water so the mixture binds. Remove the stomach from the cold salted water and fill 2/3 with the mixture. Sew or tie the stomach closed. Use a turning fork to pierce the stomach several times. This will prevent the haggis from bursting.

In a large pot of boiling water, gently place the filled stomach, being careful not to splash. Cook over high heat for 3 hours.

Serve with mashed potatoes, if you serve it at all.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2011
  13. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

I don't get that shit, mom makes it every year and only two people eat it when thirty people show up for dinner. If I wanted salt water-flavored Jell-o that's painful to eat, I'd rather dine on Portuguese Man o' War.

Now lefse, smattered cinnamon and butter made by some Scandinavian skjerring - gimme gimme gimme!

14. RED675

RED675 Well-Known Member

I lived there as well, but in the late 80's (87-90) on the NATO base, The country is absolutely beautiful and the locals are crazy gear heads, Huge off road trucks and snow mobiles.
    There is a ton to due from just driving around the ring road and exploring the country to partying in downtown Reykjavik…and the local talent is not to bad either! All blond with blue eyes:up:

15. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

IAfter reading that, I officially hate you. :mad:

Well, at least I hate you for posting that .... :Puke:

:D

16. Sacko DougK

Sacko DougK Well-Known Member

I flew P-3's out of Kef with the VP squadrons. My first deployment there was in '91. Don't forget the Blue Lagoon right by the base. Every barracks had a bar. Had some pretty crazy nights in the mess there.

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

That's fast becoming my favorite phrase. I try to say it to someone at least once a day. I wonder how long it will stay in the popular lexicon? If it comes to a juicy trial and it's not plead out, I think it could be around for a few decades.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dude. That is organ meat all cooked up. May not be to everyone's taste but it's still cooked meat. Lutefisk is fish that has been turned into jello. Think the jello stuff around spam in the can - but tastes worse.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, Lutefisk is rotten fish flavored jello with racid fish marshmellows thrown in for good luck. It's ASS!!!! You have a dish that only f@cked up north midwest albinos would eat.

You could improve it some by throwing a used band aid and maybe a dead rat in it.

20. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I would rather eat the Haggis - at least there is some meat in there. The stench of the church after a lutefisk dinner wont leave for weeks. I have never been able to even bring a fork full of the stuff to my mouth. Nasty. ishy. poo.