1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I guess this explains why the wildcards at Laguna Seca

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jul 7, 2014.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

WOW! That is just sad. I have not followed ama my self like I usually do. It is so hard to follow something when theres is not a clue as to when it will be shown. I watched daytona on fan choice,and will be attending the mid ohio round. It is so sad that ama has come to this no matter who you point the finger at this just shouldnt have came to this point. SMH

3. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Same deal as last year. Dorna owns the TV rights for the weekend and I don't see them doing AMA Pro any favors.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's the same for anyone who runs the same weekend as Dorna, you can have footage but you pay for it.

5. assjuice cyrus

Why would fan chioce have to pay for it, IF they are using there own cameras and gear to film just ama?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's not their event.

7. assjuice cyrus

Um, Ok guess I dont understand that end of it. So is it dorna's event? He paying ama to come?

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Dorna is a company not a person. Laguna is paying Dorna to bring their event to the track. Part of their contract with Dorna is television rights to that event. If someone else wants to broadcast it, they have to pay Dorna as they own the rights to all coverage.

Same as the goofy stuff you hear after an NFL game about all rights belong to the NFL and no rebroadcast is allowed etc...

9. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

Seems to me that Dorna would have a vested interest in making US Superbike a viable entity again.

10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Time for WERA to put it big boy pants on,step up to WERAPRO.

Two dozen cameras and a YouTube channel. How hard could it be? :D

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014
  11. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

Or let the value continue to diminish so it's cheap to purchase? Just not sure there would be anything of value to buy vs just starting their own thing from scratch.

12. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Not if Dorna is planning their own series here in the states....

Why would you give the struggling (potential) competition any exposure?

I'd hate to think what Dorna charges for the broadcast feed.

13. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Did you miss the part about wera pro being on mav TV next year?

14. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

there's an article on RRW saying that AMA Pro owes Dorna $$ from last year. im not surprised as at all that we arent seeing footage this year.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope. They have a vested interest in making themselves money. Until WSB is popular enough to pull big money in the US TV market there's no need to invest in this country for them.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

I'm beginning to question whether DMG even cares.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Has nothing to do with caring, no TV program means no TV advertisers to pay for the TV coverage. Not enough money in the online stuff to come close to paying Dornas fees.

18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

How much longer can this series last? Seems to me like it's well into a death spiral.

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

With WERA not being owned by asshats.... What would it take for it to take over the game and be THE pro racing series in the US?

20. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Honestly, this sounds like a geek fest waiting to happen.

Flash Mob Broadcast with IP enabled cameras running to multiple Cell Hotspots streaming over the web.