1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't understand bombogenesis.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

It's actually brutal here, 8 below with a constant 20 mph wind with gusts to 40. Cuts right thru my pants and long johns like nothing running from the house to the shop. Dogs still want to go out and play ball. :rolleyes:

2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Atlanta would be closed for 3 months and everyone would starve to death if they got hit with what the north east got hit with. :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nah, it'd be melted in 2-3 days. We got a foot of snow a few weeks back, schools closed for a day but since there was no ice storm right before we didn't have any major issues. Lots of power outages but that was pines not being used to that kind of heavy wet snow.

I just think it's funny how much bitching people do about how people around here can't drive when the first storm up north every year and especially storms like we usually get with ice under the snow cause way more havoc there. Here most people just stay home.

Steeltoe likes this.
  4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It was just a short nor'easter.
    The upwind side of my driveway was waist deep on me, the other side had about four inches.
    That was on the second cleanup, though.
    Not a terrible storm but bad enough.

BigBird likes this.
  5. BigBird

BigBird blah

it's 12 here today. going to -2 overnight. Next week 44...summertime!

btw any special oil for the snow blower? Or does regular car oil work? Rotella for errythang?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I always used normal car stuff in ours, whatever the manual recommended for weight.

BigBird likes this.
  7. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

I sucked up a piece of threaded rod the other day and it turned that shit into a pretzel and kept on going... made a bit of a noise until I cut it off though... :crackup:

Attached Files:

8. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That's a mean snow machine! :D

9. joec

joec brace yourself

That is a fantastic photo.

10. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Blurred, though. Work is at Exit 16, home at Exit 11. Fifteen miles. I picked up the conga line right at 16, the first car. They kept a tight formation so that when the inevitable clowns in the 4x4's came flying along and tried to thread themselves through, no dice. They got off at Exit 12, the 4x4's all took off and I brought it home in one piece doing 30MPH.
    It's against the law to text while driving, nothing about taking pictures! :D

11. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

When the temps get to the single digits, no amount of road salt is going to do anything. Pipes freeze whether it's snowing or not.
    The winds were pretty strong and the snow was drifting faster than they could plow it. Most of the time the contractors will back off a bit to conserve their resources.
    We were buried at work but I only got 3" at most at home. I only dug out the mailbox and will let the rest melt.
    Heat wave coming next week!

12. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Waiting for the wife to get home so I can go out and plow. Got an old shitbox jeep with a plow. Heater works, radio works, cupholder works. Bring it on.

All the lakes I normally fish are nice and solid. Heading up north this sunday to wet my line and bring home dinner.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Just ordered the 2x friction rubber wheels, belts: one of each from Sears Direct before they go out of business. One of the local Sears is closing down, and many more seem to be also. Also, got a 10 pack of shear pins. Trying to limit my use of Amazon too, so that's a good side benefit.

14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

15. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

But you turned me out baby (you dropped a bomb on me)
    Baby, you dropped a bomb on me

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

This is some boolsheet.

17. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

I know a forum that xxxxxs out the words "gun, pistol, rifle", etc. So no one feels threatened.

18. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Why do you spend time on a children's forum?

motoboy likes this.
  19. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

It's worse, a musicians' forum...

20. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?