1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I don't understand bombogenesis.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Jan 3, 2018.

1. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

They are at it again.

There is a winter storm. We get it.

Was at dinner and saw the headline "flash freeze warning!"

Dafuq does that even mean? Step outside and fall over frozen solid like a Bugs Bunny cartoon?

ducnut, 10-15 and SGVRider like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Yup…

Attached Files:

3. brex

brex Well-Known Member

You're used to dealing with a cold-assed mound though.

4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Oh hell fk naw someone would have to die.

5. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

We are currently under a ""wind chill watch"" here in north Texas.

I'm not sure what the hell I'm supposed to be doing with this information. It's not really that chilly right now, nor is it windy. It is supposed to *get* windy and chilly the day after tomorrow. But it isn't right now. We're just watching for it to do so.

Fkn idiotic...

[​IMG]

cbush likes this.
  6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Current temp: Cold
    Feels like: Cold

It's fucking winter again, deal with it.

ducnut, Funkm05, cbush and 1 other person like this.
  7. Used2befast

Used2befast Well-Known Member

Besides covering my outside spigots and dripping faucets for a couple days....its just weathermongering. Do you watch Rick or Frinfrock for your weather?:D

I'm just west of you in Lewisville.

8. auminer

Who???

Nah, I just consult intellicast (who I call stupidcast) for a longer term general idea of hot/cold/wet/dry expectations and look at the local radar and my dash thermometer for realtime info.

When storm lines blow through DFW the guys on FOX4 are hilarious. That's Pete Delkus (sp?) IIRC. The weather boners they get are quite entertaining.

But, yeah, I drained the pasture lines even though they're buried pretty deep, and made sure the exterior faucets are covered (even though the actual valves for THOSE are about 8" deep in the walls) I'll probably leave the undersink cabinets open starting Thursday morning until we get back above freezing overnights. Maybe drip the masterbath sink. That kept us from any freeze ruptures during the 4 day power outage freeze last year. Ought to be fine for this snap.

9. Used2befast

Oh Yea Pete...forgot about him. Crazy how all of them DFW weather geniuses (ahem i mean forecasters) pretty much blew last years cold snap.
    I had to replace a outside spigot recently and found out it's only 4 inches back. But they put a healthy amount of insulation in there. No froze pipes for us last year but I dripped every single faucet and put a lamp under the sink in the kitchen. Light bulbs put out a fair amount of heat.
    Now I got to go drain the water out of the pool pumps and main filter. Fun!

10. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

We've got about a foot of wet heavy snow on the ground, perfect base for the snowmobile trails. So of coarse Fri. we're supposed to get 45 and rain. :mad::mad: And then down to 20 during the day Sat. And windy.

ducnut likes this.
  11. Used2befast

Sounds like you're gonna need a ice mobile :Poke:

12. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Only -6 this morning when Purplesaurus Wrecks coughed to life.

Man up, pussies.

13. beac83

beac83 "My safeword is bananna"

Its an alert that the poop will be easier to pick up in a couple more days. Much easier to pick up frozen poop.

YamahaRick, 10-15 and auminer like this.
  14. auminer

Yep! Very much so! :beer:

15. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

So if I start up a poop picking up business here in E IA, is there a dog poop mafia that Ill have to deal with?

16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I have a small place in Flower Mound which I've had since 87 and never had a problem there until that last cold snap. It broke at the outside spigot. I had never even heard of those outside covers for the faucets, and I grew up in Illinois. We never had them back there for the 20 years I lived there. Over Thanksgiving when we were back visiting my daughter in Lewisville, she already had all her spigot's covered.

17. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

Chinese pot-metal castings?

18. Dave Wolfe

Dave Wolfe I know nuttin!

Mr Bonehed Forklift, here where we get 4 real seasons, the actual valves for outside hose spigots are actually 2' INSIDE the wall of the house. The valves wont freeze. If you leave your hose attached in the winter so water is stuck in the pipe between the recessed valve and the spigot on the outside, the pipe will break. Ask me how I know...

19. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Don-t-Start-No-Shit-Won-t-Be-No-Shit-debate-41351954-960-640.jpg

20. auminer

Not yet! Give it time, some lawyers will jump in and become a self appointed shitscoop licensing bureau.