1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Howza 'bout a 2019 WSBK Silly Season Thread...

Discussion in 'General' started by Steady T, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Bautista and Melandri are not that short you heighterists!!!!! :crackup:

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Shut it, Halfpint!

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

See! Right their is a perfect example of Heighterist behavior! Heighterist! HEIGHTERISTS!!!!

Powder is a Heighterist!

4. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Alvaro’s boots match Chaz’s helmet.

5. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

It helps keep your pucks in place :D:crackup:

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

7. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

So I’m seeing a lot of differences....

I’m wondering if the Moriwaki influence, supported by HRC will deliver a better platform than what Ten Kate was able to bring...

Perhaps Honda was tired of getting their dicks dragged through the dirt.....

Only. Time will tell!

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Depends on the budget, how involved HRC will be and the usual crap I'd think.

Like you said, we'll see.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Yeah, we're finally in the home stretch bitches......offseason officially ends in T-minus 1 week and counting

[​IMG]

MachineR1 likes this.
  10. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

It will interesting to see if they are using both the new size SBK front and rear tires at the first round.

11. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

"There is a lot to work on as I’ve said, the bike having been developed in a different championship, but we’re ready for the challenge."

So they are taking the Japan Superbike HRC Honda as a starting point? Sounds like they threw away all the Ten Kate stuff.

12. 418

418 Expert #59

Hopefully no more tire issues.

13. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

It's surprising to me that the company that brought oval pistons, a single sided alum swingarm, and a 1800 flat six to the industry haven't moved forward to introduce a world beating 600 and 1000? I wonder why?

418 likes this.
  14. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Don't kid yourself everyone has tire issues from time to time. But I think I saw that there is a minimum air pressure spec now and if you go below the team gets penalized

15. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Probably too busy dominating that "other" championship.....:)

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Why spent Millions to develop bikes for the 600 and 1000 cc classes if the sales market for those bikes has collapsed? 1000 cc hyper bikes just don't sell as well as they used to, same for 600s and the euro emissions regs have made it even worse.

Same reason you still see the same old GSXR600, no new Triumph 675 and no BMW 600.

17. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

But Honda has always been a leader in engineering and they have the car, marine, and power products to fall back on for income. So I would think the normal progression on new models every 4 years or so would kick in one of these years?

18. 418

418 Expert #59

Agreed but I believe they had tire issues at Phillip Island two years back to back. That's what I was referring to.

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

We used to see a new model every two years but the market collapsed. Now, they seem to sell as many (more like as few) as they used to by not redesigning the model. BNGs are what you can expect until the model is just too old and they either have to do the redesign or just drop it entirely.

Hyperbikes are just too expensive for most people. Too expensive to buy and (more importantly) the insurance is just too expensive.

20. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Did you forget about the RC45 and then a couple years later the RC51 that they built specifically to end (successfully) Ducati's WSBK juggernaut? Don't forget Toseland won it on the Fireblade in 2007 as well.

And seriously, what would you call the 600RR when it came out brand new in 2003? It literally won the WSS title for 6 straight seasons (03-08) as soon as it came out, and another 2 more for good measure since then (2010 & 2014)!

To be fair, based on your comment I wasn't clear if you were referring to only right here and now today and not taking into consideration their successes of the past 10-15 years.