1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many pieces of pizza can you eat?

Discussion in 'General' started by Metalhead, Apr 22, 2020.

1. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

What's a plain 20" pie go for in your neck of the woods? Also, what's your neck of the woods?

2. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

Figures :crackup: "the good stuff" always had a dessert pie crust taste to me. Maybe there's some kind of shortening or something in there...no idea. I prefer the thick Detroit pan or NY Sicilian over Chicago deep dish. I think all of Chicago's styles of pizza suck honestly - deep dish is just the most known. The cracker crust thing is weak and had better thin pizzas at places like Marions in Southern OH and there's a square cut tavern style thing here that is just (near as I can figure) a pizza designed for everythign to fall off as soo nas you try and pick it up.

3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

$16 I think? It's been a little while with everything. I'm in Newburgh, NY. If you've been to AK farms, I'm about 15 minutes south.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

UGH! The earth tilt and your house slid off to to the shit side of NY state?

tl1098 likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

It’s yogurt. Read the damn thread wouldja? :Poke:

6. bleacht

:crackup:I'm north of I84, so not in the city of Newburgh.

Is there not a shit side of NY?

7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Well, if you're off of 84. . . Not just NY but from the PA border all the way up to Mass.

They ever turn the waterfront of Newburgh into something nice?

Been a long time since I've been in the Peekskill. Was nice at one time.

8. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

...now I'm at work craving a large taco pizza.

Screenshot_20200423-215110_Chrome.jpg

9. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I love taco pizza

10. bleacht

Yeah, the waterfront is now more of a destination for people showing off their nice cars on weekends. There's better restaurants and on the up and up. Peekskill is also cleaning up a bit. As the prices throughout westchester keep going up, people are moving further north and those towns are getting more needed attention. It's not great, neither is the city of Newburgh, but they're better than they were 5 years ago.

Edit: sorry, I didn't address the fact that Peekskill isn't what it used to be. If it was nice in the past, it isn't now.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Which City in Sicily??? I have family there on the eastern side of the island.

Mediterranean.

boxcrash likes this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Catollica is on the Adriatic.

That pic was Cefalu, Sicily.

boxcrash likes this.
  13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

You'll end up paying through the nose. My point exactly.

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Yea I know that but pretty sure he was commenting on the seaside photo, which would technically be overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea...:D

How were the roads and views on that side?

15. 650 RACER

650 RACER Well-Known Member

Depends on the pizza and crust, and if its available at the time, but honey..... and whatever else can be mopped up on the plate. ie left over ranch and parm

16. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Happy Joes was awesome in my home town. The founder passed away a while back sadly.

17. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

A discussion involving pie and Mongo.

Like peas and carrots. :beer:

18. Linker48X

Linker48X Well-Known Member

Yes, Mooses Tooth is great. So is their beer. But my kids were addicted to a Alaska Pizza Company, a local take out place. We must have had 2, one cheese one pepperoni, every week, for 20 years. Let’s see, hm, 2x52= 104, 104 x 20= 2080. Sounds about right. $10 for 2 deal , er, 10 x 2080 = $20,800–OMG, I could have afforded to race a Ducati! Well, once anyway.

19. Bloodhound

Bloodhound Well-Known Member

I've been in the QC my whole life except the Navy years when I was younger.

20. DaveB

DaveB Just Riding Around

My German buddy always asks pizza places if they have tuna as a topping, he's gotten some weird looks.