1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many mistakes can you spot?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gigantic, Apr 10, 2013.

1. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

2. Crispy476

Crispy476 Well-Known Member

3. Gigantic

there's a lot more if you look closely.

4. caferace

caferace No.

That's pretty normal. IIRC, Laguna requires a two-day commitment for a three day schedule. CoTA is four days but no racing on Thursday (unlike Qatar), so it looks like they want people there for three.

-jim

5. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

They claim Blake Young as one of the best MotoGP riders.... for the signed helmet...annnndd... who is Stephan Brady...? :crackup:

6. caferace

caferace No.

I'm not really finding anything wrong with that. in fact, knowing the schedule is a nice perk. And I've cornerworked my share of WSBK and MotoGP.

-jim

7. cgordon3

keep going... whoever proof read this thing missed some obvious mistakes.

8. caferace

caferace No.

I suspect the person that wrote it wasn't an English major at a prominent university. :D

But the meat of the thing is great. Never, ever had a timed schedule all cornerworker drops written down before at WSBK or MotoGP. Of course, things can change and I always had a radio so I knew what was going on or could call for it but it's cool.

Perks I can get on my own.

-jim

9. cgordon3

:D:D

10. Lots of punctuation and grammar mistakes in there for sure.

11. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

God, that never gets old, does it? :D

12. cgordon3

[/URL]
    A quick search show that this reference show up in as many as 143 separate threads...:crackup:

It is possible that the words 'Prominent' and 'University' can be used separately...but I spot check 5 threads and each one had the appropriate use of the phrase...:crackup:

For those interested in the start of the phrase 'Prominent University'

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  13. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

I like how breakfast is served, THEN people arrive and get to work.

14. Gigantic

Anyone catch the venue blunder? RedBull Indianapolis Gp?!?!?!

15. caferace

caferace No.

Copy/Paste. :D

-jim

16. Gigantic

And that's acceptable? :confused:

17. 1dwn5up

1dwn5up Well-Known Member

I caught the word Volunteer. I did corner working at both MotoGP (Laguna) and AMA (NJMP) corner working and both paid. I would rather buy a ticket for 3 days than work for free.

18. caferace

caferace No.

It's a stupid mistake.

So is your current vendetta against the cornerworkers in your battle against CoTA. They're contractors, much like Kevin was. The information is there for the volunteers that are signing up to cornerwork, with a couple of errors that really don't matter to help them do their jobs.

And please, don't try and tell me they're not connected. What I'm telling you, is you're chasing the wrong demons.

Don't fuck with the cornerworkers. It'll backfire. You should know that. :tut:

-jim

19. cgordon3

:crackup::crackup::crackup:

20. cgordon3

Just so it's out there... I am just laughing at the 5th grade level of proofreading that went into the document...:crackup: