1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How many mistakes can you spot?

Discussion in 'General' started by Gigantic, Apr 10, 2013.

1. caferace

caferace No.

I've worked with some cornerworkers that seemed to only have gotten that far. :)

Doesn't mean that they won't risk life and limb to help a racer. I've been on a blind corner with GP bikes whizzing past me trying to disentangle a rider with his foot trapped between the swinging arm and tire. You will not find a more dedicated group of people that are there, just for the love of the sport.

-jim

2. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:up:

3. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Corner workers are unassailable in my book.

FWIW, this area is filled with people who are absolute experts in putting on and running races. To my knowledge CoTA never reached out to any of them, preferring instead to hire friends, people with limited motorsport event experience, and those who come cheap instead of good. They look at putting on a race through the same glasses as putting on a Pat Green concert.

4. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Most cornerworkers are all very professional in their dedication to the job......seems the same can't be said for the organisers.

5. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Thank you. I've been here long enough to know the phrase well, but completely missed its origination.

6. caferace

caferace No.

Going after the cornerworkers is just plain wrong.

Fact: Kevin did not get kicked out of CoTA at the test. They asked him to leave. He Didn't. Good on him.

Fact: Kevin is not banned from attending the GP at Austin. He has credentials.

Fact: Kevin will not be at the viewing party at the Gypsy on the 21st, during the race on advice of legal counsel. I know nothing beyond that.

At this point, as a hardcore race fan it seems to me people are trying to make more of this than it is. Good that proceeds are going to the Marco Simoncelli Foundation, bad that people are trying to fuck up a race weekend.

For people that agreed that they should stop bashing the AMA, it's the Ultimate in hypocrisy.

-jim

7. caferace

caferace No.

And ...

FWIW, we have received more than a few listener emails at the show that there is a movement afoot to basically disrupt the start of the MotoGP race.

The mentioned plan is to throw a bunch of #34 stuff onto the Start/Finish straight during the warm-up lap.

That compromises several things. Disrespect to the riders that will be harmed and possibly disadvantaged or injured by cold tires by the delay. Looking like douchebags to a global audience. Acting like thugs. Stuff like that.

At this point, it's beyond ugly. You point has been made. Acting like assholes makes you look worse than CoTA has been behaving.

I have, of course, tried to stem the tide of idiocy with replies in email and in the latest show but it seems like the stage is set. Perhaps you can fix it.

-jim

8. caferace

caferace No.

p.s.

If it sounds like I am pissed off? That would be true.

It's Mongos job to destroy motorcycle roadracing. You're amateurs. GTFO out of the sandbox.

-jim

9. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

I'm confused. Who is going after the cornerworkers?

10. caferace

caferace No.

Gigantic. Lance Lau in the original post. He assumed that CoTA was organizing the cornerworkers and screwed up the instructions instead of an independent organization, so used that as a "Free Kevin" lever in the bash-CoTA thing.

To be honest, even IF CoTA was running it, going after any cornerworking endevour was dumb. He's supposed to be good at this stuff. He should have made a hard left at the turn signal.

He was wrong, and is now in hiding. :D

I've just reloaded my flamethrower.

-jim

11. Putter

Looks to me like he was just poking fun at all the errors, not starting a revolt or anything.

12. caferace

caferace No.

13. Putter

Not trying to argue with you, Jim, but I still fail to see where he's "going after cornerworkers".

14. joec

joec brace yourself

yeah....im not getting it either....actually....

15. antirich

antirich Well-Known Member

Regarding the whole schwantz thing. I think just having tons of people wearing red 34 shirts would send a powerful, yet non distructive message to all of those involved.

Plus, they'll get some residual effect from the thousands of ducatista's red shirts :)

16. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

Seriously Jim, what are you smoking? Going after corner workers?! Are you ƒ@¢king nuts?

My one and only point is that CoTA is so out of touch that they can't even get it right in their internal correspondence, let alone how badly they've missed the point with their lame promotional efforts. It's simply pathetic. Do they have any oversight on their branding/messaging? do they even care? Who is coming up with this crap?

17. Gigantic

Gigantic Maverick Moto Media

you're just making shit up now.:confused: The sole point of the Free Kevin #34 project is to spread awareness of how Kevin has been screwed by CoTA, by selling t-shirts and apparel that the organizers hope will be worn at the race, to demonstrate the depth of support Kevin has amongst fans of MotoGP racing. There is no plot to disrupt the start, insult corner workers, or any of the other hare-brained conspiracies that you might think of. :crackhead:

18. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Anybody who "disrupts the start" should be banned from the track, banned from all MotoGP events, and then summarily removed from the gene pool as they are far too stupid to continue living.

19. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

WOW. I have no horse in the Schwantz race. I dont know him, he doesnt know me, honestly, I could not care less what the outcome is either way, I have a MotoGP track 30 minutes from my house, that is AWESOME. If that were to be compromised by some asshats doing something like that, it would do nothing except make me hate them, and by association Schwantz even though he had nothing to do with it. The opposite effect they would want, I'm sure.

20. caferace

caferace No.

Really?

Example:
    I didn't make that up. That's just one example of an email we got.

-jim