1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How have you connected your pit cart to scooter?

Discussion in 'General' started by Eskimo, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It absolutely is necessary unless you want it sliding into other stuff and tearing things up. A good bump and a little one can go flying in a trailer.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sucks about Summit and kind of weird.

VIR only requires plates if you ride outside of the paddock.

3. I must have just been lucky because I never strapped mine down before. I would put it up against the wall and set the parking brake and it never moved.

If/when I get a new one though, I will probably strap it down. Ill just run a strap down to the e-track in the floor to be safe.

4. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

Always strap shit down.. you're one panic stop away from a chin-chin scooter, or tool cart jihading all your nice shit.

Also, pics of the hitches would be greatly appreciated.

5. sowega

sowega #710

I'll remember that when I see you doing a 79-point turn like the kid try to leave the Tally riders meeting last month.

And I will laugh at you, Chris Broome.

6. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

I had unloaded my (unplated) KTM from the trailer just for space, and the golf-cart-cops asked more than once if I was planning on "riding it around" - I guess they meant outside the paddock. Good clarification.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

VIR may charge for paddock pit bikes, not sure on that.

8. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I just want to confirm what the other guy said - but if the scooter is plated and street legal, you do NOT need a pit bike pass, right?

9. I always park right across from the building so I walk to the meetings. :p

And unlike that kid, I can pick up any small ATV and move it around with 1 hand. I wouldn't need to do a 79-point turn, I would just pick the damn thing up and spin it around. :moon:

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I believe so yes, it's a street bike not a pit bike.

11. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

I would end up with brake rotors that looked like a Pringles chip...

12. javyday

javyday Well-Known Member

Vir charges $25/year for non plated pit bikes

13. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

I would imagine it has something to do with unsupervised children zipping around everywhere. Either that or chasing the deer out of the woods and into the track.

14. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

How the hell do you break a LT80 ? Those little fuckers were about indestructible. :Poke:

15. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

I'm telling you guys, bicycle trailer hardware...

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Shit, who would buy one if I machined some? (I added the second pic to make it clear that the tube-y part is a spring.)

I could easily make a 'kit' for the popular tire cart a lot of people have and the only modification people would have to make is using a dremel enlarge the axle hole if their scooter uses a larger axle...

cha0s#242 likes this.
  16. I got bored one day and was jumping it off homemade ramps.

17. Hotfoot

Hotfoot Well-Known Member

I use one of these little Chinese ATVs for a pit bike, 90cc. It's really small but it is tons easier than a bike or scooter for carrying things, hauling a trailer, tires, getting lunch, etc. The very small size makes it great for fitting in the trailer, and it is small enough to ride or park anywhere. It is cheaply made but we have abused the crap out of it for 8 years (after buying it used, for under $300) and still does the job perfectly. To me it seems easier to transport than a scooter, no handlebar straps or chock.

18. What does it look like?

Is it as full of win as this one?

[​IMG]

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Well, it's Chinese not Polaris so it'll spend less time in the shop :D

V5 Racer likes this.
  20. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

"Poleris," Chinese for "Polaris." :D