1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How have you connected your pit cart to scooter?

Discussion in 'General' started by Eskimo, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

I finally acquired a Zuma 125, and have the ubiquitous Tipke folding pit cart on indefinite loan from a good friend. How have you guys created a little hitch/attachment setup between a scooter and cart? I have a few ideas, but always like seeing how others have done it..

minimal modification to the pit cart is preferred, as it's not actually mine, but I don't think a 1/4" hole in the carry handle hinge area would be a big deal.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I've seen everything from really well fabricated hitches to a bungy cord.

3. Eddie does. There is a little U-shaped bracket on the back and the handle for the pit-cart sits in it.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I think the best hitch setup if I remember the details right was a flat plate on the luggage rack with a post welded to it. The handle of the cart had a plate bolted to it that would rotate up and down and a hole that you put the post on the hitch through, then pin it with an rclip or the like.

5. I wish somebody would come up with an easy way to hook one to The Grom. That would be awesome.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Make a hitch. You can hook a pit cart to anything.

7. You lost me at "make". :D

JBarx and Past Glory like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So sorry - have a hitch made. You can hook a pit cart to anything.

9. sowega

sowega #710

Whatever you do, make sure your cart is ready. I once watched a MotoAmerica racer wreck the dogshit out of his Zuma at Road Atlanta because he didn't raise the legs of the tire cart.

I'm not going to name any names, but it starts with an "R," ends with an "N," and there's a "yan Dickerso" in the middle.

10. dickie doo

dickie doo Well-Known Member

We've gone over this... I was practicing my rickshaw drifting skills in the mud and my wildness got out of hand.

V5 Racer likes this.
  11. sowega

sowega #710

Is that what happened? It looked more like you were auditioning for Jackass . . . jackass.

12. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Little hook on the back of the Zuma, with an eyelet piece threaded into the folding cart. Pretty easy. Goes forward, backward, turns, etc.

Only thing I might swap as an upgrade might be a carabiner style hook on the Zuma. Hard braking has been known to unhook the trailer from said Zuma. One might argue that's simply operator error however ..

13. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

If only we had a picture of Eddies Zuma.......

14. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

15. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

16. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

This from the guy that would use an rv as a pit bike if Livengood would drive it

Dragginass likes this.
  17. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Tipke sells 2 different hitch style accessories on their website. I think the bicycle one could easily be mated to the grab rail if your scoot has one.

18. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Grom and cart:
    [​IMG]

ungwaha likes this.
  19. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Never before has Broome wanted to uppercut a Grim owner.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
    BigBird and Gorilla George like this.
  20. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

First world problems. :crackup:

Eskimo likes this.