1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How far is a Cedar Point from Mid-Ohio?

Discussion in 'General' started by MAZZ77X, Jun 30, 2014.

1. MAZZ77X

MAZZ77X Well-Known Member

Looking at hitting the amusement park on the way back to Jersey.

Is it on my way or will I be doing a detour or worse going farther west?

Other question.... It it as good as advertised? My daughter loves coasters so she's thrilled at the chance to have some fun on one of our trips.

Thanks.

2. mfbRSV

mfbRSV Well-Known Member

3. JJJerry

JJJerry Well-Known Member

~ 90 minutes due north of Mid-O. Slight detour.

Yes - it is an awesome time.

4. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Google maps says bout 60 miles north.

5. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Damn, it might have been easier just to google map it than ask here. :D

CP is a good time, have fun!

6. Nick_OMC

Nick_OMC Will crash your bike

Is it just me, or are Mid-Ohio and Cedar Point the only worthwhile destinations in that god forsaken state we somehow still tolerate?

7. As far as I can tell, yes. If you want to be generous, you can give them the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame too.:D

Cedar Point is definitely worth an extra hours drive though. I've driven the three hours from Pittsburgh a few times, and always have a blast.

8. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

Can't speak of Ohio w/o mentioning the Pro Football Hall of Fame...

9. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

Cedar point has consistently been lauded as the best coaster park in the world.

It's worth the trip. May want 2 days if you want to ride everything.

10. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Coming from the guy that lives in a State that's bankrup.... :D

I live 5 mins from Mid-Ohio and can make it to cedar point right about an hour and 20 mins. Give or take a few for traffic lights...

It will be worth the trip but go early and during the week if you can. Weekends can be 3 hr or more waits for the big coasters. Pack a lunch and you can take to the picnic area as food is really expensive. Bottled water is around 4 bucks last time I was there. Hot dog and such are 7 bucks and up. If you have triple A, check there for tickets or I heard rite Aid in our area has some specials on tickets. I can double check on that if you need me to. Any other questions let me know.

11. MAZZ77X

MAZZ77X Well-Known Member

Thanks for the helpful response!

12. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

It's indeed worth the extra miles and the extra time away from work. Just go on a Monday or Tuesday, if you can as those always seemed to be the least-crowded days of the week for us.

13. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Those two and the US Air Force Museum at Wright Patterson AFB are the only reasons Ohio shouldn't be Nuked. (My dads family is from the Lorain area and the Ex wife, the Toledo area).
    If you are a coaster fan, it's a "Don't Miss" destination, seriously.
    Cheers, Lee S.

14. Good point. I forgot about that. I went there as a kid, and had a good time, but my dad was pissed when we were on our way out, because my friend and I saw "Nature Boy" Buddy Landell walking in, and got more excited when we saw him than we did the whole time we were in the Hall.:D

15. Agreed, and for best results, get there when the gates open, and jog to the Millenium Force right away. Once you ride that, go directly to the big wooden coaster. I cant remember the name off hand.

They also have some kind of skip the line passes you can buy for extra money, but I haven't tried those.

16. 2blueYam

2blueYam Track Day Addict

There are some really nice back roads in the southern part of Ohio. Car and Driver does a fair amount of testing on those roads.

Cleveland Museum of Art is a good museum and the Crawford Auto museum is nearby there as well.

Also if they nuke the rest of the state, no Goldwings, Accords, etc. either.

Sure there are parts of Ohio that are nasty and rusting away, but don't judge the whole state on those areas.

17. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Agreed.

18. Uncle Punk

Uncle Punk Member

Goldwing production left the state & went back to Japan around 2009/2010

19. OldSwartout

OldSwartout Well-Known Member

King's Island amusement park near Cincinnati is also great, but not as good as Cedar Point. The AMA Hall of Fame museum is not far from Mid-Ohio, also.

20. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

This. Grew up in the marina during the summers and dang that place gouges on food and drink. Pack a cooler, put it in the picnic pavilion(immediate left after walking in). It's shaded, right by bathrooms, and pretty nice.

if you don't pack they used to(may still) have a buffet up front that was solid and way cheaper than eating 10 hot dogs through the day. Just don't plan on riding anything crazy for an hour or 2 after. But being in line will help it digest anyways.

Top Thrill is the shiznit for sure and worth the drive from Mid Ohio within itself.

And yes, other than those 2 places, Ohio basically sucks. Regret ever living here but unfortunately the wife won't relocated until her parents and sister do, or have passed. So never.