1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How about a fresh thread for Kramers?

Discussion in 'General' started by xxaarraa, Nov 9, 2019.

1. RndHoleSqPeg

RndHoleSqPeg Well-Known Member

Also I forgot that it looks like its eligible for DSB as well, which would make 4 classes.

The GP2 on the other hand looks way more problematic because it can't even race HWTSB, right?

2. Jb.junior

Jb.junior Well-Known Member

In CMRA, the "must have more than 1,000 units..." clause trumps the "unlimited single cylinder" clause in regards to its acceptance in to the LWT SB class. I.e., and I have verified this with the race director, the Kramer is only allowed in F2 (or HWT, if you want to "bump up."). :/

3. grady anderson

grady anderson Well-Known Member

:D:DUnlimited except limited....Good thing this is a WERA forum so CMRA won’t get ribbed for wording in their rulebook
    I miss my 690 a lot and since I’m selling my vintage race car am looking at bike options to replace it (One out One in my rule here) and think a Kramer may be a great choice. I’m licensed with WERA, CCS and AHRMA all of whom welcome the bike

Razr and turbulence like this.
  4. grady anderson

I got my 690 Duke under 300 lbs with a full tank. 50 lbs off a street bike is certainly not uncommon. Though buying a Kramer that is already 20 lbs lighter than my 690 not to mention the chassis etc makes them seem bargain priced
    JMHO
    Oh and if one of you has one of the 690 Kramers and has to have a 790/890 give me a holler

5. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

how reliable are these 690 motors for road racing? what does kramer do to the motor, if anything?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ours isn't any different, especially since that's where the CMRA stuff came from :D

I do however make exceptions especially for small manufacturers that aren't doing what would really be a formula type machine.

7. grady anderson

So the Kramer is or is not allowed in Clubman and DSB? I think you are saying yes but your reference to CMRA now has me not so sure. pleas pardon my confusion. I’m really old.:)

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yes the Kramer is allowed in WERA in Clubman and D Superbike.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

FWIW - Clubman is a Formula class so the Kramer is and has been legal. D Superbike has this line - " Up to 775cc singles based on Formula Rules in DSB, SB rules in DSS" which covers them. I must have changed that after CMRA used our rulebook to make theirs.

10. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Interesting.

12. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

13. grady anderson

Thank you. I am in the process of buying one and will renew my WERA license when it expires in a couple of months.

14. tl1098

tl1098 Well-Known Member

Hey Grady,you're gonna love the bike,had mine for two years now just been doing track days on it,but thinking about racing it this year.Not getting any younger.
    Nelson and Pittrace are fairly close,been on both tracks,Pm me if you have any questions.

15. grady anderson

Thanks. Much appreciated
    Very happy the first attempt to buy one with time miles and a slightly older model was rejected and sent me shopping
    This deal is agreed to and in process. Would love input from you along with the incredible support I am already getting from Joe at Kramer even before the purchase was agreed to. I am in a very happy place at the moment.

JBall likes this.
  16. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

[​IMG]

17. Gravisman

Gravisman Well-Known Member

Curious what the spare parts experience is like for Kramers. Are they super expensive or difficult to get? I’ve noticed no prices for that on the site.

18. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

I am as well. I'm also curious how much time you can put on that 690 single until it needs a refresh.

19. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

You can get them through Joe the Kramer rep, the crashable hard parts aren't unreasonable or difficult to get your hands on (no backorders). They crash really well - meaning they can get up and going again quickly.

The demo I rode in October last year had a motor that was on it's 3rd season, and had done more than 1 endurance race. I think in 2018? KTM updated the 690 and it became a lot more reliable - the 2015 - 2017 Kramers had more motor issues than they do now.

20. KMC

KMC DUC|DET

Spare parts are readily available. As far as longevity of the 690....you're not going to believe this...but Kramer USA has a demo bike that they've been using for multiple endurance rounds as well as sprints and the bike has over 6,000 RACE MILES. Zach Courts raced the bike at the Laguna AHRMA round last year and posted the fastest lap time of the weekend. I raced the bike at Barber last year in the rain and won two races on it. Bike still pulled hard and didn't seem tired. Just last month they broke the clockwise Lightweight track record on the same bike at Chuckwalla.

These bikes are fucking awesome. If anyone ever offers you a chance to ride one, do not sleep on it. Chassis just flat out works, the harder you ride it the better it gets. It's not too rigid and has great feedback when you load up the front. I ran a low 36 at Gingerman on one battling with Garrett Carter. I was amazed at how solid the chassis was. The WP forks they're putting on the EVO2R are bad ass. Everything on the bike is trick, and was designed to work on. Captive spacers, captive rear caliper, etc. Quick release front fender for super easy wheel change. Calipers stay on and wheel slides out, endurance style.

turbulence likes this.