1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home defense gun, what do I get?

Discussion in 'General' started by SpeedyE, Dec 8, 2014.

1. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I like the mossberg shotgun, but the more I think about it....if anyone gets in here, the dog is going to be on top of them attacking.....I have to get a pistol. Yup, no way I can have a shotgun.

229 sig?

2. SpeedyE

pm me price, and pics when you have time. it has to be shipped from your FFL dealer to my FFL dealer.
    Is the W German one a hi-capacity?

3. Jed

Jed mellifluous

UTS 15. Go all in for the tacticool factor.

[​IMG]

Seriously, scattergun without a plug and a hammerless revolver for carry.

4. mtmansl

mtmansl Well-Known Member

Correct,

Will try to have something to you by tomorrow...

5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

With that line of thinking, it would make the most sense. You competed with it before, know the platform and it's decently concealable for carry.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

phased plasma rifle in the 40 watt range.

7. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

spent the day with these girls yesterday. It was expensive to say the least. any of these would kill the whole block and if you have the balls for it, you can walk around with it strapped to you back. :D

[​IMG]

8. SpeedyE

:up:

9. SpeedyE

I'd even get a free ride to the city limits by a police taxi :D

That scar is cool

10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

SpeedyE + Ambien + gun
    What could possibly go wrong?
    :D

11. SpeedyE

:D hahahahaha :D

I can get off the ambien and drink wine instead, dont know if that is better or worse :D

It is the cut screens/attempted break in, I saw yesterday that really made me think

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Don't worry, if you shoot someone, you won't remember the next morning anyway. It's going to be exactly like your BBS life.

13. ton

ton Arf!

baseball bat and a shrouded hammer .357 revolver

14. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Mossburg, or Pardner Pump if you really are only buying it for a cheap self defense shotgun that you hopefully never have to use. 870 at most. You'll be spending less than 225 for the Moss or the Pardner and the latter is a direct copy of the 870 but made in China. Every part besides the barrel is interchangable with an 870 and it will shoot any shell you put in it. Don't be stupid and shoot 3in slugs though, trust me, it's not worth it just for "fun". That is for IN the house only obviously.

If you only want 1 gun for sure get a simple to use handgun, revolver or semiauto, you'll get people telling you one is better, blah blah, same thing as always. Go rent some, shoot them, and decide for yourself. It's only you that you have to please.

Also check local laws, and get licensed to carry if you need to, don't just do it at 1-2am because your dog needs a walk and you think you need a gun. Take classes/courses, and do it legally so if the time comes, you'll know you're ready and won't have to worry about any legal issues.

FWIW, I have 3 different calibers of handguns that I carry on a daily basis depending, and feel that with proper training and practice any of those calibers will do what I want it to and I will stop the threat if needed. Again, only you can really decide on what you want to carry.

15. r6fast

r6fast Well-Known Member

glock 23 or a h&k usp. 40. Both are bulletproof and can be carried easily. you don't need a bigher round then .40. Most guys get a .45 and have a hard time keeping a group. handgun is fine for home defense, it's easier to maneuver in hallways and you can carry it anytime you like when leaving the house.You don't need a big locker to keep it safe when your not home like you would a shotgun/rifle. I have more then enough to cover all your needs at home and I would always pick a handgun for its easier use inside a house.

16. SpeedyE

:crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::beer: :crackup: :crackup::crackup::crackup:

17. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Sig is a great handgun. Had one or more before the great boat accident disaster. ;)

With the right holster and clothing setup can be very concealable.

The most important consideration when carrying for defensive purposes is ease of deploying the weapon. 21' rule becomes 50' or more when you have to navigate layers or clothing, zippers, etc in order to even reach your weapon. Hence why I don't carry my dearly departed Sig for concealment. I *had* a little 7-shot 9mm Kel that fit ever so nicely in a size 1 Uncle Mike's tucked inside a tacticool cargo pocket. You know, before the boat accident. ;)

18. Jed

Jed mellifluous

Add in the barking dog and we have Son of Son of Sam.

19. SpeedyE

Yup. I used to compete w/ the sig and loved it and 100% trusted it.
    Glocks, I never felt comfortable w/ them....grip angle and i dont like the short trigger....i prefer double actions for a stressed situation.

20. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

How about go another route...

Tibetan Mastiff
    Neopolitan Masticc
    Cane Corso..

Oh.. And make really good friends with a hog farmer. Preferably in another state.