1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap game of thrones!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2013.

1. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

And the debris falling in the crypt at the Red Keep last week looked like it completely caved in. When Tyrrian went down there, it was just the entrance and a 30'x30' area RIGHT where they were standing.

sbk1198 and DucatiBomber like this.
  2. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Bran in the final episode says ... “why do you think I came all this way”. Once again implying that he knows all. Yet he was all excited to tell Jon he is the rightful king. Why bother if you know end of the day you will be king? Lol
    He implies he knew everything was going to go the way it did soooo he knew the people of kings landing would die and did nothing about it? There are so many scenarios where his excuse is “this is what needed to happen” makes his all knowing power nature meaningless.

As far as Cersie she was on her way to escaping the city with Jamie. The only thing that stopped her was Dany torching everything.
    The entire assault on Kings landing is almost for nothing if the Queen is still alive to regroup in another part of the world.

And are we going to just ignore that they made it look like every Dothraki was killed and most of the unsullied in the battle with the dead but boom suddenly hundreds, thousands of them this week?

The show was a Shakespearian saga set in a fantasy world where men rule and we ended up with a f*cking wizard as the King. :crackup:

Ride safe,
    AAron

Last edited: May 21, 2019
    sbk1198 and Lawn Dart like this.
  3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

maybe you should stick to reality TV then. :p

4. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

I had a hard time w/ Greyworm having that much power to hold Jon and Tyrion. His Queen was dead, therefore so was his power.

DrA5, stk0308 and Lawn Dart like this.
  5. Lawn Dart

And yet, here you are...

Past Glory and cha0s#242 like this.
  6. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I agree but at the same time am I missing something but after the battle with the dead we were supposed to be under the impression that the only armies left were the Lannister’s (Ships/etc) and Dany with the dragon Dothraki and unsullied BUT suddenly Sansa has an army of thousands from the North?!?! So they just all sat out the battle with the dead?
    The more I think about how they ended it the worse it is.

Ride safe,
    AAron

7. Lawn Dart

I was only referring to the TV show. The only book I read was one that predated the show and didn't have much to do with anything that happened in the finale. I just meant the 8 years of precendence they set around some things...

8. Lawn Dart

Sansa argued for a break. Not only that, but I think a lot of Jon's army were northmen who were pulled back during the carnage in KL. It doesn't surprise me that there's a lot of northern soldiers, but it does surprise me that there was so much consideration for two severely depleted foreign armies that had no leader to rally behind.

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

That's the part of your post I was a thing about. Were you under the impression that she was still going to be Queen of anything if they were successful in their escape? She was finished as a Queen. They made it sound like they just wanted to go find a quiet place to go make more incestuous babies and live happily ever after.

10. 1558449315863.jpg

ekraft84 and auminer like this.
  11. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

The reason Dany torched the city was not to kill Cersei, but to bring down fear on the people in order to rule. Remember her words : "Let it be fear".
    That last episode was beautifully shot, even if the story did suffer from some serious plot holes. Anyways, GOT was the definition of "epic" (last time I use this over played word). Completely loved it.

stk0308 likes this.
  12. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Oh I know why she did it but it was the only reason Cersie actually dies.

If she was alive she would want to be Queen AND she already had a legit heir to the throne in her.
    Major problems if she is alive.

Ride safe,
    AAron

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Queen of what, though? If she ran, she would have no people, no army. Can you think of anyone who would be her ally?

14. ton

ton Arf!

the queen of filth! queen of slime! queen of putrescence!

Prospect and Seeley like this.
  15. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Umm.........Isn't that kinda how the TV show began? An heir with no allies getting sold as a sex slave?

16. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Full Circle?? GTFO, Preston. :p

LOL.

17. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Yeah my bad. That story would never work! (83 more pages)

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Who was married off into an alliance by her brother so she could become relevant.

Who's gonna marry Cersei? Euron wasn't in great shape at the end of the episode…

19. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Did you miss the part where even bastard children can complicate the legitimacy of a king or queen? lol

I understand what you are saying but one major premise of the show is / was the legitimacy of the person on the throne.
    She WAS the Queen , army or not.

Ride safe,
    AAron

20. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

The Dothraki charge with the Army of the Dead made it look like they were completely wiped out. Flaming swords all extinguished. Retreating was Ser Jorah (with Ghost) and a few others. Nowhere near the might that then took King's Landing. That inconsistency is somewhat an affront to the intelligence of the viewer. I agreed. Greyworm had zero power. To appease him was ridiculous. He was in Westeros and unless he decided to conquer the ones there, he should have realized he did the job he came over to do and leave.

I overall liked the show. It was epic. I liked diving into the backstories and listening to the podcasts to piece together info to make it more enjoyable like I did with LOST. The only thing I can equate it to is the Lord of the Rings trilogy. But it could have been better with this last season. They did kind of just phone it in and coast on the fact they knew their fandom would stick it out to the end.