1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap game of thrones!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Champer

Champer Well-Known Member

Or the dragon thought that she sat on that chair made of swords wrong and got the worlds worst sliver.

2. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

And, I thought it was made quite clear, Unsullied live only to fight. They would have fought to the end, if for no other reason than that's all they know. They were not trained to consider slaughter, of their enemies, or themselves. It just doesn't enter into the equation.

3. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

They should get married. They'd be seriously powerful. :D

4. Lawn Dart

But, what we're discussing is how they chose to ignore canon in places, while highlighting it in others... Here's an example - we're discussing Jon Snow as king resulting in a war between two armies... It wouldn't even remotely be a war... Throughout the series, the difficulty in feeding and sheltering armies has come up time and time again - like 3 or 4 different seasons, sometimes 2 or 3 times a season, and at least twice this season before the final episode and once in the final episode AFTER everything was settled. But, we choose to suspend further disbelief because the Unsullied army isn't happy. That's not jumping to conclusions beyond what the writers gave us - that's them forgetting that they spent so much time educating people on the minutiae of military logistics. :crackup:

There's tons of other examples, but that's an easy one. The other is "I don't want to be king" or "I don't want to be Lord" or "I can't be a Lord"... Then, suddenly its "Me? You want me to be king? Why do you think I came all this way?" He's already turned down nobility two or three times, with some very specific reasons, but suddenly, he's the perfect choice. :crackup:

I'd almost rather they'd killed Jon exactly like they did Ned Stark in the beginning, for being too noble and too honorable (no one saw him kill the Queen, and they haven't found Drogon yet, which means OF COURSE HE TOLD THEM :crackup:), proving that they'd learned nothing and the Game of Thrones just continues (the Wheel Danaerys referenced). At least that would've been something interesting to think about. The ending as-is is just shitty for one of the straight up decent characters in the entire thing.

Last edited: May 20, 2019
  5. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I can't believe you used to so many letters to respond to him. Mongo has been Tomming this thread for weeks. :D

Lawn Dart likes this.
  6. Lawn Dart

Its fine. I'm taking a single day off from study before I get back to it. I responded to him in between doing the laundry and other shit around the house I've been neglecting.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh, I didn't know we were discussing that. :crackup:I was just discussing the TV show. I'm not that deep into that shit.

p.s. no, I did not read your response to Mongo the first time around. My comment was literally about the quantity of words.

8. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Dude I said the exact same thing... no one could know who killed her. When he walked up there were NO guards just a covered dragon that let him on by. We know the dragon was following the plot lines and all now, but c'mon he cant talk too can he!?

9. ton

ton Arf!

know what i love about having lunch with my Mormon coworkers? i don't have to listen to angry discussions about this series. 'cuz they don't watch it.

10. Jedb

Jedb Professional Novice :-)

Should have asked them if they heard the good news about Westeros, offered to buy them a coke and chat...
    :p

11. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

Even though this was a fantasy series that doesnt mean that it should allow it to lose all internal logic.
    If Dany doesn’t doesn’t burn and destroy the entire city... Cersie and Jamie are still alive and Cersie is still the Queen. Yet that gets completely overlooked.
    Dany is consistent in that she will immediately execute someone who she has demeaned to be a threat yet allows Ty to sit in jail and get to Jon’s brain.
    The way it ended was sloppy and predictable because they rushed it to end it.

I’ll say this was part was not predictable... let’s name bran the king he is beyond favors, can’t have a child, etc so he has to be the perfect king...
    First thing he does?
    Shows preference to his family like every other king/queen they just said they would never allow again!!! LMFAO!

Great series with an absolutely horrible final season.

Ride safe,
    AAron

SGVRider likes this.
  12. TSAVO5150

TSAVO5150 ASMA #70

Basically I don’t see Bran being able to function reasonably as a king in his condition, he is mearly a figure head, which in essence makes Tyrion the king.

13. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

You're assessment is pretty spot on. More than I would've cared to type, but yeah...all of that!

But with that said, I still think it's the greatest show ever made, even with the disappointing last season.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  14. Newsshooter

Newsshooter Well-Known Member

So 82 pages about a TV show, is that right? :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

15. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

The thread is six years old, so... yeah. Eighty-two pages.

16. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Use of "canon" wrt to a TV sci-fi soap opera. Goddamn that made me laugh.

17. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Wife started binging it recently so I watched too. Never saw it before this year. Awesome series, but the ending was definitely just meh. Not horrible.

I feel like they blew their entire budget on cool battle scenes when they should’ve run a few more episodes to create a logical ending narrative.

The end was entirely bland. They focused grouped this bitch to death and basically gave everyone a mostly happy and predictable ending. Decent enough ending for a rushed final season, but they didn’t show any balls whatsoever.

Robby-Bobby likes this.
  18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Huh? :confused:

20. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Yea, it definitely went the way of Lost.

So the much hated Queen dies in Jamie’s arms from falling debris? That’s the fucking sendoff??

Aria ending. Gee, could you have spent any more time pumping her up for a spin-off?

I’m sure if a lot of people knew that this was gonna be the finale they’d have a lot less interest in following the show.

auminer and DucatiBomber like this.