1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy crap game of thrones!!

Discussion in 'General' started by cortezmachine, Jun 3, 2013.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I'm talking about fictional characters. Get over it.

2. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

3. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Little treat for game of thrones fans.

Watch the movie SHOT CALLER

shits really fucking good. Didn't expect it to be that good.

But then again I can relate to its content :D

4. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Is it wrong that I saw the trailer for it the other day and thought of you? Needs more lipstick though. :crackup:

5. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

Saw that with "Sir Jamie"and it was alright.
    Should have been called SACRIFICE.

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Watched it a second time...

One thing that really stood out to me the second time around was his posture and the subtleties in his demeanor. In prison and after. Little things that only people who have been locked up and put in work display.

It isnt really something you can teach in an acting class though.

Other than that it's a pretty accurate representation of life inside. I especially got riled up when he attacks the Norte suddenly in the SHU. Standing orders for any Wood or Southsider is to attack a Norte on sight. They didn't really get too into the alliances/politics too much so that scene could have been confusing for most.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  7. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

Watched that movie the other week and was pretty impressed. Also thankful that none of the prisons that I ever taught classes at were quite that violent!

8. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

What state?

9. Montoya

Montoya Well-Known Member

NC, open and closed custody medium security. Had quite a number of STG inmate/students, rarely had problems with any of them unless they were really young. Usually was able to have the older or higher ranking inmates keep them in check, so that they didn’t lose access to the class or freedoms that came from being in the class. Did have a handful of actual shotcallers rotate through as well, never had any problems with them at all, although I’d always have to be hyper vigilant about the yard politics and their followers. Did have two high ranking shot callers that were fairly entertaining, one was AB and looked like a juiced Santa Claus. Had an absolutely hilarious personality and an interesting but twisted code that he lived by, he was green lit during a gang fight and attacked on the yard, survived, but was transferred out. Also had an extremely high ranking shot caller, who ran most of his gangs activity throughout the Southeast and killed his way to that position. Long story short, he basically was offered a chance of an out of supermax if he calmed down some of the violence. First time I met him, after chatting for a bit, basically just shook his hand and handed him some hand tools that he could certainly have used as weapons. Figured if he wanted to kill me or anyone else in the class, he could without weapons, so I might as well just treat him with the same respect as I treated everyone else. Never had a problem with him, although the demeanor of the class changed significantly from the other students. Guy didn’t last long though, did some messed up K2 and hallucinated about demons coming after him and attacked about dozen other guys on the yard at the same time!

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Cray

11. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

With water balloonsm though??? :D

[​IMG]

12. casjoker

casjoker Refusing middle age

Solid flick, I give Shot Caller 4.5 stars, couple nice plot twist.

13. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Is anybody still interested in this shite? Only reason I remembered it is I saw a headline about a prequel coming. I threw away the books, gave up waiting on the fat man to finish the series.

14. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I am, assuming it comes out in a shorter timeframe than the sequel to Bladerunner did.

sbk1198, Funkm05 and Steeltoe like this.
  15. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Hell yes!!! And I'm sure the millions of folks that forgot about it will be as happy as school girls when the last season starts!!!

16. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I just saw that Naomi Watts was cast in the prequel series. I'll watch.

17. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

DAMN. She's 2 months younger than me... looks like she could be my daughter.

18. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

This sounds promising. I like the way Martin writes, his attention to detail and his exploration of his character's psychology. I will definitely give this a shot and am looking forward to the new season of GOT.

19. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

I'm excited for the final season, but I have the feeling a LOT of people are going to come away disappointed. I don't know why, but logically I don't see GRRM wrapping everything up in a nice little bow and giving viewers/readers what they want in a typical entertainment sense.

20. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Is your daughter single? :D

HPPT likes this.