1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hold a grain of sand at arms length......

Discussion in 'General' started by NemesisR6, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Pangalactic.... :rolleyes:

CBRRRRR999 and fastfreddie like this.
  2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Go suck a tart! :Poke:

3. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Nerd.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On occasion, yup.

5. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

That is the heaviest shit I have ever read...anywhere!

This begs a question. I know, I said I was gonna butt out, but...
    When's the acid party? You have got to invite me. And the shit better be good. :D

6. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Smoke a fat bowl and read the emperors new mind

7. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

If that's what it takes to approach your level, I guess I've got some shopping to do.
    Thanks.

8. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

Ese done wrote an essay.

9. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

my level? I just read a lot

fastfreddie likes this.
  10. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

ha!

11. gixxernaut

gixxernaut Hold my beer & watch this

You say?

12. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

The thought about life on other planets in terms of time boggles the mind...

Earth is 4 billion years old and we've been able to really look for life for how long? 100 out of 4 billion years? Seems like a fraction of time impossibly small.
    What if another planet had a late start and was 500 million years behind? There's no way they would be sending radio signals to look for for waaaayyyy long after we're long gone.

On the other hand how can you imagine life and technology of a civilization that might exists 1 billion years ahead of us... they might be so advanced to not care about us. it is mind blowing.

CBRRRRR999 likes this.
  13. auminer

Heresy...

Hearsay...

14. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

as I’ve stated in previous a thread. We are already cyborgs. Given the rate of technological development it’s highly doubtful that any advanced life form would exist as a purely biological species . If they do make contact with us it isn’t going to be little green men.

15. auminer

Here's your so=called Fermi Paradox:

Suppose there's an alien civilization out there listening for the electromagnetic radiation we've been blasting to the cosmos ever since Marconi (??) invented the radio in 1896.

We've been analogous to those obnoxious assholes blasting our shitty music to the cosmological 'hood for 126 years. That's a sphere 252 light years in diameter.

252 light years is fuckin YUUUUUGE in human terms, but it's fuckin tiny in cosmological terms.

Check it.

[​IMG]

There's what 200 light years looks like to the entire Milky Way galaxy. Those stars on the other side of the galaxy, if they have telescopes that can (could?) see across the 100,000 light years and even see what's going on on the third insignificant rock from the insignificant yellow start we call the Sun would see some people who had barely figured out flint knapping and fire.

Where is everybody? Everywhere. We just can't hear each other.

Don't even bother trying to see what's going on in even the closest exogalaxies.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2022
    gixxernaut and cortezmachine like this.
  16. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Didn't Carl Sagan say something along the lines of "The only thing more frightening than finding intelligent life in the universe is finding out that we're the only intelligent life in the universe."?

17. G 97

G 97 Garth

I can ride motorcycles. :D

gixxernaut likes this.
  18. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

You better hope it's a multiverse if you ever want to see a universe where BTC hits $1 million :D

19. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

cyclic universe guarantees it :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  20. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

I find that less frightening. If we are, then there’s reason to believe the universe is here for US. the implications of that are astounding.