1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey! Jerry Jones!

Discussion in 'General' started by CorollaDude, Dec 24, 2011.

1. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

So, no?

Probably. This wasn't a winning season for Vick, so he's due.

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Who is making excuses for anything? They didn't play well enough to get into the playoffs. Romo is not the reason for their multiple losses. Again, I've provided facts to show why my statement is accurate. You, well, I'm still waiting for something other than "not in the playoffs" to support your statement that Jerry keeping Romo is the sole reason for them sucking, because with a God like Vick, they'd surely be in the Super Bowl. (I won't even bring up the fact that Vick's "Dream Team" ended with the exact same record and also didn't make the playoffs with a "better" QB, better receiving corps, one of the league's top rushers, etc etc etc - oops, too late)

You have to just be trolling, because no one can honestly be this ignorant about something they're going to start a thread about.

3. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Errr...apparently you missed this from one of my previous posts: "Like I've said a hundred times, the "source of the suckage" is JERRY JONES. Keeping Romo is just one of MANY reasons for the downfall of the Cowboys. Jones is no general manager, just as Romo is no playoff caliber quarterback and Garrett is no playoff caliber coach."

And this: "Do they need a real general manager, new coaches, better offensive line, and better overall defense? Yes. Do they need a playoff caliber quarterback? Yes."

Don't worry, dude, there's a lot of people who have trouble reading. Like Romo trying to read defenses. :Poke: :D

4. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Easy there, dude. Put down the crack pipe NOW and no one will call you an idtio.

I do, however, agree with anyone who says that Dallas sucks, regardless of the level of Romo'S suckitudeness.

5. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Happy New Year, George! :beer: Hey, notice I didn't say they'd go any further than NFC East champions. :D I think Atlanta could be the surprise powerhouse in the making.

6. Rain Director

Rain Director Old guy

Even NFC East Champion is a stretch.

Atlanta? They have the 2nd best pitching in the East, but Fredi will ruin the BP with his overuse of the young arms. Oppppsss.. Wrong sport!

HNY back atcha, Bruce

Last edited: Jan 2, 2012
  7. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

My reading is just fine. Let's take a look at what it is that I've been addressing all along. This was the sole purpose for your thread, as I stated. So, you managed to backpedal into some other areas they need work. Again, bravo. :up:

I'm still waiting for some sort of proof from you that he's not a playoff-caliber quarterback. I'm waiting to see some sort of fact that supports that Jerry keeping him is one of the MANY reasons for their downfall. How is supporting a top-10 QB contributing to the downfall of the team? I'm never going to say he walks on water, not even close, but c'mon man ... be a little realistic.

8. SLLaffoon

SLLaffoon Well-Known Member

You also said that with Vick or Newton at QB they would be in the Superbowl. Kind of implies everything else is in place. No?

9. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Welllll......

He's not in the playoffs!

10. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

You're right. I think Dallas has gotten mentally soft (like so many former Cowboys, i.e Dorset, Aikman have said) by being real buddy-buddy, we-love- you-brother with each other, instead of being a bad-@$$ed group of NFL fighters like they should be.

Take that buddy-buddy TO crying about Romo crap out of the way, throw in a good mobile, multi-dimensional quarterback who can constantly throw off opposing defenses, give their own defense a decent rest between possessions, and take pressure off their own offensive line would greatly enhance their Super Bowl chances.

The Cowboys are not as bad as they seem. They just have lousy coaching, a mediocre quarterback who can't win big games, and no general manager. Nothing top down in that outfit to inspire the regular troops like they need.

11. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

And again, he didn't lose the games all on his own. So how does that mean he's not playoff-caliber? By your logic, that means Tim Tebow is automatically a playoff-caliber quarterback? :crackup:

Holy crap ... what's your address? I'd like to send you a couple bucks so you can maybe buy a clue.

12. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

:crackup: Your fate is you'll be sitting here next year defending the loser Cowboys and Romo yet again... as you will the year after and until Jones relinquishes his GM position and the new GM gets rid of Romo.

13. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Great, thanks. But, uh, who asked about my fate? :confused:

1) Still waiting for something to back up your statement that he's not playoff caliber. Way to not address the post.

2) Where have I defended the Cowboys? They played horribly this year. There need to be some significant changes made to help them get back to the Super Bowl. The facts show that needs to start with their defense.

I have stood up for Romo because you're making bullshit claims that you have yet to back up with any facts. I keep asking for some facts; you keep deflecting and refusing to answer. So ...

14. CNI Dawg

CNI Dawg Well-Known Member

I'm still P/O'd about the way Jerry Jones treated Tom Landry.

The Cowboys lost their 'class' when Jones fired Landry

AND.....I still P/O'd at Bum Bright for selling the Cowboys to Jerry Jones

Those 2 events ruined the Cowboys

15. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

And since I'm already calling bullshit on most of what you say, let's also look at some FACTS regarding the above statement:

Going into last night's game, Romo was completing 61% of his passes from outside the pocket, 3rd in the league. He was leading the league in touchdown passes from outside the pocket, with 10. So I ask AGAIN, how is Romo not playoff-caliber?

16. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Ok here how about this stat. jason has a head coach has lost 10 games,8 out of those ten games they went into the fourth quater with the lead. Now i will agree that tony maybe has put them in some situation that he gave up the game but not all of them. Now jerry jones is a good owner,and i say that only because he will spend them money to get players. But he should not have any on field dession or power like he does. The defence is old,slow and has a bad bad coach.

17. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Hey, my date's here and I can't mess with y'all any longer or she will leave. Besides, she's a New England fan, so even none of us can mess with her.

But please keep this argument going. I kept it going as long as I could because I know that Romo-loving Cowboy fan Brad Wilson @$$clown is lurking and I KNOW it is just killing him not being able to respond. :D

Hey Brad, how 'bout them Cowboys??!! :Poke: :crackup:

18. chickenpants

chickenpants Well-Known Member

I'm starting to get it: you're doing kind of a parody of one of those steakheads named Joey that call WIP and all they have to say is "the cowboys suck".

19. earacing

earacing Race Dad

+1 :D

[​IMG]

20. RCjohn

RCjohn Killin machine.

Jerry Jones learned from the most arrogant egotistical son of a bitch to ever grace a southern football field... Frank Broyles. The Dallas Cowboys are just an expensive version of what the Arkansas Razorbacks were with Frank Broyles as Ath. Dir. The asshole couldn't leave the football coaches alone and it slowly took a national powerhouse and slowly tore it down. What has happened since the asshole retired? Arkansas is back to being a nationally competitive football program. The Cowboys are screwed as long as Jones owns them. He got his Superbowl rings with Jimmy Johnson's team. About the only guy that could work with Jerry due to their history as teammates and the fact that Jimmy Johnsons is just as arrogant.