1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Drummers...

Discussion in 'General' started by Wade Parish, Feb 11, 2004.

1. kangasj

kangasj Banned

LOL, oh great. Another glee club thread :rolleyes: :D

2. Wade Parish

Wade Parish North Central Hawker

You makin' fun, GayMedic?

3. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

I remember "Grand Funk's" drummer absolutely wearing out a l'il bucko 4-piece kit when they opened for ZZ Top. Doesn't really take a "40-piece" kit, does it???

4. GAMEDIC

GAMEDIC Really Now?

NOOOO not at all...i loved that set...

5. GAMEDIC

GAMEDIC Really Now?

Nope i could play almost the same stuff on my 5 piece set .. but it was a visual thing ... i guess kinda ego thing back then

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The hospital put that paper plate in your head yet? Last I talked to you; you mentioned that every time you went near a running microwave with the old metal one, you started flatulating uncontrollably.

Hippy!

7. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

I used to have a Gretch Blackhawk 5 piece, with 3 roto-toms on the side, a Premier snare and Sabian cymbals. (12"spalsh, 17"crash, 24"ride) Don't have a set now, but still get to sit in on the drums for one tune in every show. Our drummer uses DP stuff. Very nice, no holes in the toms.

8. kangasj

kangasj Banned

and my potato would cook but that's for another thread....

9. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

I'm impressed. I didn't know drummers could count that high! :Poke:

(just kidding!) :beer:

10. chaplain

chaplain MRO pulpit jockey

Ludwigs

Until recently I had a vintage set of Ludwids I played when in high school.In college I even played Ludwig Timpani's I had four of them.small to large. I loved the way they held a tone.

My buddy played Slingerlands because Buddy Rich played them...I took lessons from Joey Gentile....who was Tommy Dorsey's drummer. He played Ludwigs.Case closed

11. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

tama starclassic maple (tequelia sunrise finish) 10/12/15/18/18x22
    i have a 5x14 Canpous Zelkvoa (sp?) solid snare i won from Modern Drummer, worth like 1500 or something, sounds nice
    zildjian cymbals
    A 14" hats/17" crash/20" crash/8" splash/21" ride
    Z custom 18's crashes (2)/a custom 8" splash
    K 17" china/14" china
    tama hardware all around (iron cobra pedals are the shizznit)

i used to play alot around locally, but the group broke around 3 years ago. played some decent gigs, largest crowd i've been in front of is 10,000 at festival in orlando. when i got into motorcycles drums went to the wayside and i just started playing again a couple months ago. currently just playing in what we call "coffee house rock" band, but basically light rock that you can chill to. just doing it for fun and enjoy playing.

12. Wade Parish

DP?

13. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

I've been drumming since I was 6 or 7.. (I'm almost 26 now). Havent had a decent setup in a while because of living conditions, but I had a tama 5-piece with Sabian AA cymbols. I loved that set... DW 5002-AHM double bass pedal.. I would rock out on that thing. I loved it.

I also marched drums in HS and WGI... played quads/quints in HS and top bass in WGI. Went to the world finals 2 yrs in a row but never scored higher than 5th... :mad:

14. GAMEDIC

GAMEDIC Really Now?

Yeah alot of drummers used them back in the late 80's

15. Wade Parish

Does DP stand for something? I've never heard of it.

16. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

drums and percussion? i know there are some cheap starter sets called that. (not dp but drums and percussion)

17. GAMEDIC

GAMEDIC Really Now?

Drums and Percussion

18. mad brad

mad brad Guest

DW's sound great as well.

still remember the sound of those SONORS. damn.

19. Don_728

Don_728 The dog made me do it!

DP makes a great "claw" for mics -- just clamps right to the rim.

Don

20. Wade Parish

I believe you're thinking of LP.