1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Dave K! Shirt advice needed

Discussion in 'General' started by Fonda Dix, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Dave, you had mentioned that you though Paul Fredrick shirts were a little too Michael Irvin for you and I agree. Can you suggest a custom shirt maker that wont break the bank. I am very particular (17/37, spread collar, regular cuffs). Any help (from anybody including Dave) is appreciated.

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I've gone back to Brooks Brothers for mine. A few things bug me but if you do custom with them, those go away. I used to get Thomas Pink off the rack and still like their stuff but their prices just passed the point where the return on investment wasn't there. Pink's traveler shirts are great but not custom.
    Charles Tyrwitt does some great shirts for the price but is off the rack.

I'm itching to try Astor and Black but never have the time.

3. Fonda Dix

Thanks Dave. I will check out all those.

I am a bow tie wearer so I like plain color shirts with specific collars. I had gotten a few white shirts from Paul Fredrick but they are so thin and never soft plus their shirt line looks like it was created by Steve Harvey to dress Deion Sanders.

I was talking to my wife about this last night and she asked me if I remembered my International Male phase in the 90's. The embarrassment was real.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I'm not tall or slim enough to pull off the bow tie. I am arrogant enough though. :D

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

CT I found is the best bang for the buck. But the quality can be inconsistent. The Extra Slim is where it's at right now. It tucks in my guy lovely :D
    Brooks last the longest out of any shirt I've owned. But CT is my go to now.

I just get to refresh the closet a little quicker, and donate what I don't want any longer.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

T-shirt. Cargo shorts.

Reminds me, I need to order more.

Newsshooter and beac83 like this.
  7. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The problem I found with CT was that they just don't hold up over time compared to others. But really, for the price who cares, just buy another. :)

8. Fonda Dix

I wish. Now that I have been moved from projects (bleachers, dry erase, gym floors, etc.) and into curriculum I had to ditch the tacticool look and go back to the suit and tie. I still let the jeans slip in though as I look fly as fuck in a dark denim with a blue blazer. :D

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Your issue is you even notice when you look "fly as fuck" :crackup:

10. BigBird

BigBird blah

SO it was you in the girl's jeans this morning thinking you look good in it :Poke:

:D

11. Fonda Dix

I am 6'2" and outwardly confident. ;)

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, no! Unless you're Letterman, jeans and a blazer is just laziness.

Next week we'll go over shoes. :D

13. Fonda Dix

Not for a meeting or anything but great for travel days. Jeans, white T, blue blazer, blue faced Breitlng and driving mocs is my official airport getup.

14. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

And purses to match?

15. Fonda Dix

16. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Wow, first thing I would've done would've been removing my name from the thread title. Before banning the OP. :D

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

It's starting to be off-season soon...they'll be more threads like this

20. Fonda Dix

You are looking at this all wrong. The WERA board should be honored that it is the de facto go to for some of us in the areas of culture, fashion, the great pie/cake debate, the great hambuger/cheeseburger debate and many, many other challenges facing the modern mouth breather.