1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hey Dave K! Shirt advice needed

Discussion in 'General' started by Fonda Dix, Sep 14, 2016.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What, are you popeye or something with forearms that need that much more fabric?

2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Ah, in the shirt? I was thinking in trousers. :D

You know what, I don't know, I prefer zero but 5 or 6 if I remember right.

3. socal

socal Well-Known Member

Ha!

4. egomezent

egomezent Well-Known Member

Quick thread jack. But does anyone know of a good tailor in the OC or even LA area. I don't wanna take a Brooks Brothers suit to my local laundrymat to hack up.

Thinking more Daniel Craig in the Tom ford than Steve harvey

5. socal

socal Well-Known Member

https://www.yelp.com/biz/gustavos-tailoring-los-angeles

Just had two suits from Italy tailored. Excellent work. Reasonable prices. Busy guy- the good ones often are...

egomezent likes this.
  6. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

It'd probably upset you even more then to say, that was only 3 pairs.

7. Cuddles de Sade

Cuddles de Sade AnACREE in the UK!!!

it's been a few years since I last talked with him, but he was just off N. Capitol, so he's local for you. Don't know how he handles the custom clothing biz.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

I just bought a set of Nikes for $250 that will probably just sit in the box. For work shoes, I just get Cole Haan's.

Priorities folks :)

9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$250 Nikes? Really?

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn, I designed my own on their site and they were only $175!

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

It happens. Being a Sneakerhead is a sickness. I pick and choose, unlike others who buy every special edition. I'm relatively new to the whole world of sneaker buying. When you don't get to the track all of a sudden there's a couple extra $$ in the account. Gotta spend it somehow :flag:

12. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

$175 for Nikes? Okay, I'll spend a lot more than that for dress shoes but for sneakers?

For my cleats I waited for my Under Armours to go on sale and then waited for a 30% off coupon. :D $130 cleats for under $60. :D

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

These are the only shoes I wear and will last me 12-18 months wearing them pretty much daily. I do occasionally wear boots for riding and/or yard work (or my last pair of worn out Nikes). I do pay more than I'd like but ordering them is pretty much the only way to find shox in a size 14.

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

I don't get sneakerheads and the collecting of sneakers but I also don't understand a lot of things. :D

But I'm not one to judge. My current hobbies are watches and the "building" lacrosse sticks.

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That reminds me, I need a link for dads watch. Thinking about taking it to Vegas this weekend and asking one of the places to put one in. Looked at replacement bands, oy vey.

16. Cuddles de Sade

watch talk...20 page potential.

17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Dude, put it on a NATO or a leather band and wear it. Most people will never know what it is but that 1 in 10,000 that sees it and knows what it is will cream their capris. The NATO might be the pinky in their butthole.

I need a link or two, what are they getting for them now?

18. Cuddles de Sade

:stupid:

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We already have an entire thread dedicated to it. Way more than 20 pages.

20. zamboiv

zamboiv Well-Known Member

Why not take it to brooks brothers?

Austin Taylor across from the pond and baseball stadium if he's still there does really nice custom work. Not sure if he'd do someone else's brand. I've only gotten custom stuff from him.

He's not cheap.

egomezent likes this.