1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

hey 2strokers do you believe it?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by YAM#849, Dec 1, 2010.

1. charles

charles The Transporter

Stop it. Attend to your 'drain' plugs.

2. Chumbucket

Chumbucket Well-Known Member

Just shove "Extra Crispy" here into the haybales, park his smoldering pile next to him, and throw some dry sweep around here and we can go green again...

3. YAM#849

YAM#849 y'all watch this...

All the TZ750's came with two piston calipers. Most of the people who raced them lived. What's the big deal. :D

4. mgmark

mgmark George Tirebiter for President

That's my point, the throttle goes both ways. You have to learn how to ride around the bike's limitations. At least I have to.

Mark

5. oljackboy

oljackboy Active Member

Just about everybody that ever rode a TZ750 with OE brakes on it ran off track with the brake lever pinned to the bar. The common fix was Lockheed two-piston calipers. Not anything like as good as a modern setup, but they worked okay. Tires are so much better today that a 750 is pretty entertaining. I hope a bunch of raucous stuff shows up to race in FV. Anybody got a nice rg500?

6. charles

charles The Transporter

I know where there's a gorgeous RG500 Mk8, proper GP machine but it will cost dearly.

7. phantom 309

phantom 309 Well-Known Member

Jim something can't be right. Mine are as good as my 07 675.going on year three on the pads.:) You use brakes at Roebling.:)

8. RZ Racer

RZ Racer It passed tech LAST time!

9. charles

charles The Transporter

nice...what?

Someone told me you moved to a small town near Paris.

10. RZ Racer

nice zinger! :D

When we were at RRR this summer, remember I had that gas cap gasket problem that didn't surface until the 1st race? I was telling Stickboy about it and when I said:
    "...but it was only doing it when I hit the brakes, so I just stopped using them." He just looked at me, shook his head and said: "you're just not right."

Nice to know I'm not the only one.
    (for the record, it is a little faster for me to actually USE the brakes for t1 @ RRR, but not much.)

11. RZ Racer

Paris is over-rated. If I moved to France, it would be somewhere in the Cotes de Or. (Burgundy)

12. omnivore

omnivore Well-Known Member

CBR600F3's had 2 piston calipers and could easily manage 150 mph, and on a heavier bike than a race RZ350 would be.
    Nothing wrong with them.

13. charles

charles The Transporter

Cote-d'Or...but you would be more at home in Nuits-Saint-Georges.

14. RZ Racer

owned. :eek:

Good call on Nuits st george... some of the best Pinots I've ever had are from there, but the BEST Pinot I've ever had comes from Bonnes Mares. (yes, I did spell check this one...) Only had Bonnes Mares 3 times, (single btl costs more than a race weekend) but all three experiences were ethereal.

15. charles

charles The Transporter

Bonnes Mare...isn't that where they make world-famous Ripple and Tiger Rose?

16. RZ Racer

Yes, though they don't advertise it. Also, you left out their finest wine, the "Cobra".:D

17. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

What's not right besides you? ;)

18. hinshaw929

hinshaw929 Well-Known Member

This from the gentlemen that provide us with Exxon Valdez type oil spills when they regularly detonate their four stroke bottom ends on the track. :rolleyes:

19. charles

charles The Transporter

Thank you Jim for putting these miscreants in their place...notice how often the diesel jockeys appear when a 2-Stroker thread develops? No matter what they say, they are mysteriously drawn toward the ever-glorious, ever-victorious 2-Stroke, admiring from a distance (lest their own kind disown them).

20. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That's because 2 stroke threads are like a never ending train wreck. You don't really want to watch, but just can't help yourself.

But it is ok little 2 stroke Buckeroo Buddies, Chummie and I are here for you.

Ken