1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HELP!!! With Outlook/Exchange Server Problem

Discussion in 'General' started by RacerGirl117, Jun 19, 2002.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - as pennance I went out and bought Office Xp this afternoon :D

2. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Well who knew...

that a thread such as this could turn into something flammable. :p

Zeb...you're right...the company I work for is about 50+ people. However, we are constantly having to dump e-mails because there isn't enough room on the server. I mean come on...how much space can 10,000 e-mails take up?

Rick...I agree totally with the idea of me telling my boss that the e-mail is down which is causing me the inability to do my job. However, my boss is not usually accessible and normally the way I communicate with him is...you guessed it...via e-mail. Also, the people we use for IT stuff are an outside company. They are very rarely in our office and we usually communicate with THEM via e-mail. Also, there are plans in the works to hire an IT person. Actually...transition a person into the IT role is more the case. And guess who that person is? :) So...I'm kinda trying to learn as I go and since the current IT guys are out of town at the moment, it's pretty difficult. I also have plans to go back to school soon, so that will help too.

Oh, and after today there are plans for a temporary solution. They're going to get a bigger hard drive for this server.

3. ZebProctor

ZebProctor Well-Known Member

Re: Well who knew...

tell them I'll contract out 5 hours a week to them.... price is negotiable....

4. Laurie Acree

Laurie Acree Well-Known Member

We are installing the same soon. This ME is driving me nuts!:D

5. EmerWill

EmerWill Well-Known Member

mail issues

What we did is forced the user to pull down their email from the mail server and store it on their local machines using a PST (personal folder). This reduces the amount of mail on the mail server and makes the end user responsible for protecting their email...

6. RacerGirl117

RacerGirl117 Well-Known Member

Thanks Will. I'll forward your message to the VP and see what he says. That may or may not be a viable solution depending on each user's machine. We don't all have super computers here. Not even I have a good enough machine for what I need. :rolleyes:

7. EmerWill

EmerWill Well-Known Member

super computers?

Most people keep their PST between 500-800MB. We have a few users who have PST's over 1.5GB. According to Microsoft they can be 2.0GB as long as the user has Office2000 SP2 installed.

If you have any questions let me know...

Will