1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

He shouldn't have been running....

Discussion in 'General' started by Paige, Apr 14, 2006.

1. mad brad

mad brad Guest

:rolleyes: god help us all.

2. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

An 18 yo kid running from the cops? Understandable. 34 yo guy with a 13 yo son? Not understandable.

3. Strick

Strick Good to be king

If they had only put up some cones to stop the guy the tragedy could have been adverted. :rolleyes:

4. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Guys, I'm not saying this dude was RIGHT to run.

In Detroit, they kill a couple of civilians a year chasing cars for such felonious offences as.... missing license plates.... tail lamp out...... etc...

I knew a lady from my Church when I lived in Largo, FL who's daughter was killed by a bonzai rookie LEO chasing a guy for a warrant for failure to appear for a court date for a speeding ticket. I wonder if she thinks the cop made the correct choice to pursue...

5. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

I absolutely would have lost repect for you if you missed this opportunity!!:up:

6. Strick

Strick Good to be king

7. Knarf Legna

Monte, regardless of what the original offense was, I believe in most states fleeing or attempting to elude police is a felony.

8. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

I'm sure the counselor will correct me if I'm wrong, butt here in Tejas, fleeing falls under the general rule of "criminal stupidity" which can be construed as an automatic capital offense.

9. Knarf Legna

...as evidenced by that extraordinarily chock full death row in your state. :up:

10. packfan

packfan El Presidente

. ... [​IMG]

CBjr........Why are you adding your take in my quote? I didn't say any of the stuff you qouted me to have?

Last edited: Apr 15, 2006
  11. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I don't know what happened. If you look at the top of the post, it says

12. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

I'm surprised that this thread hasn't been moved to the dungeon yet....

13. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

If someone attempts to elude it is reasonable for the cop to assume he has a reason other than avoiding a speeding ticket, a reasonable person pulls over and pays a fine.

BTW, if you need photo advice I may be able to help but my name is Jim.
    If that wasn't meant for me, since this is the weekend, Jack's off today.:D

14. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

Damn, it doesnt make sense to me why a joke so long in the tooth still makes me laugh so much.:D

15. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

AMEN! And I don't believe in God...

It amazes me with all the chest pounding, "this guy deserves to die" crap. Especially since so many of us have been on the wrong side of the law one time or another. I bet at LEAST 1/2 of the racers have a story to tell about the street...

16. SmokeSignalRT

SmokeSignalRT Fat Member

How about if you ever catch me running from the police.......feel free to shoot me in the face........quick draw :up:

17. Slider82

Slider82 Well-Known Member

Most everybody has done something stupid in their life but running from a cop and blaming the cop when you get hurt in the chase is way past stupid.

If you run, be prepared to accept the consequences of your actions.

Yes, I did it when I was young and dumb

18. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

If this was a car chase no one here would give a flying rats ass. But because it's a bike, suddenly it's an issue. Truckers block fleeing cars all the time, no one takes issue with it, not even the police. Stop sticks are used on cars at times as well as the PIT maneuver. Where's the outrage in those instances?

The guy was a dumb ass, his dying was his own doing. Stupid hurts and sometimes kills. Use your head for something besides a helmet holder and you'll probably survive to a ripe old age.

19. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

Nuff said....:up:

Stupid Hurts.

20. 0hi0

0hi0 Husband Killing Tool

Anti-lock brakes, airbags, crumple zones, seat belts.

Hmm, a 350 lb bike against a car---

Sorry but I don't see your point...:Poke: