1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden to WSBK on Honda

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Nov 28, 2015.

1. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

so it seems

2. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

The top WSBKs have posted respectable times, not very far off the MGPs....of course it's way too early to be hopeful but I'm beginning to wonder about the gap between the two venues. Are Pirelli's that much better than Michelin's?

3. Focker

Focker Well-Known Member

Pirelli Q is an amazing tire. Also, the WSBK have a lot more experience with the tires which have been 17" for a few years now. This is the first year of 17's for MGP.

The biggest difference is that the Pirelli Q will give up the ghost after 2 laps tops, that Michelin will last a race.

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

it sounds like the Michelin rear is an amazing tire. it might have comparable grip to the Pirelli Q rear and last the race like Focker said ^.

but who knows about the Michelin front. we knew the Bridgestone front was light years ahead of the Pirelli front. but the Michelin front might only be comparable to the Pirelli front or even worse.

5. caferace

caferace No.

Ya'll realize that we're so early into development in Michelin + new Electronics in GP and WSBK with Nicky that this is just idle off-season talk.

Right?

-jim

6. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

the off-season would be so boring w/out wild speculations

7. Don't ruin it!

8. caferace

caferace No.

My apologies. :)

It just drives me nuts sometimes. And it's part of my relatively unpaid job.

-jim

9. Riders Discount

Riders Discount 866-931-6644 ext 817

They homologated new electronics in 2015 (Cosworth with full split throttle bodies), however they had to start the season on the 2014 electronics as they had limited time to get the new system up to speed. The new electronics with a proper support staff should be quite good (which I believe Nicky has already commented on in the press release)

This was a good article from 2014 regarding some of the electronic strategies being used, and pay particular attention to the last couple paragraphs.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/wsbk-electronic-development-turning-a-four-into-a-twin/

iomTT likes this.
  10. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

Great article that was

11. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I assume Kawi's been using a system like that for a while now in WSBK. I remember them mentioning that their traction control on the ZX-10 cuts out 2 cylinders as needed and you can very easily hear the thing burbling off the corner sounding almost like a twin.

12. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I can't find the dutch article I read a few months ago that basically said Honda promised a new motor with 15-20 more horsepower to Hayden in the upcoming CBR update, but that it would be based on the current chassis. Anyhow, it didn't get reported anywhere else until now. I'm just ignoring all the V4 talk in this article. I'll believe that when I see Chaotic with mis-matched rims on his bike.

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/news/2015/december/honda-plan-superbike-double/

13. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

14. :D

15. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

16. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Shots fired.

So Hayden is on a 1+1 contract with Honda. If he turns heads and gets an offer from another competitive team after this season (Ducati, for example), what does he do? As much as I would love to see him with a competitive factory in WSBK, I can't help but feel like he wants to end his career as a Honda man and become an ambassador for them. Am I the only one?

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I hope he does too. He is a great Honda ambassador for sure. I hope he stays with Honda and helps them develop the new 2017 bike.

18. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You want your old name back or do you want to keep this one? If you want the old one back, what was it?

19. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It's not like that hasn't happened with a Ducati before..............(wait for it)

[​IMG]

20. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

How the fuk are the Ducati's legal with a lower fairing like that, and no where for oil to be contained if if if- Dam I would still kill to race one though, after racing the Twin Britten years back