1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden Criticizing HRC

Discussion in 'General' started by JCP636, Mar 10, 2014.

1. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Just watched an interview on videopass where Nicky says that HRC needs to step up and give them more power, and give them the bike they thought they were getting. Honda is really making themselves look bad...

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

You just figuring that out? They've been doing a pretty consistent job of that for the last 3 or 4 years.

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Nicky is also expressed confidence that HRC can step up.

4. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

I know, it's just not usually from the people riding their bikes. And not like Nicky to call a manufacturer out.

5. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Hopefully...

6. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Nicky is not stupid. He may be fustrated but he is playing a good game. Stating what is and having faith on HRC to make the necessary power gains available.

7. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

Agreed.

8. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I should have said, "expressing faith."

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

They have also won the championship in consecutive years, so whatever it is that they are doing, it's working by winning.

10. JCP636

JCP636 Well-Known Member

No...

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

No they didn't.

12. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

Didn't HRC say they were looking at upgrade kits to include a pneumatic valve train possibly? Though they said a big upgrade like pneumatic valves would cost $$$.... Other upgrades seemed to sound like it'd be part of the package. Not sure how much more they can get though without going pneumatic.

This also continues to show the genious behind the desmo valves by ducati. They've never had to screw with pneumatic valves like the other manufactures because of this. Though of course they have their own issues... Power has never been one of them though.

13. BigBird

BigBird blah

Sorry Sorry...2 out of three years..how can I forget stoner crashing at Indy and then riding the next day, and then be out for like a month, but he was pretty much toast already...They are always in the hunt though. Their riders do seem less like the CEO, who looks he is at 110% every lap, while they look relaxing

14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Suzuki
    Honda
    Honda
    Honda
    Yamaha
    Yamaha
    Honda
    Ducati
    Yamaha
    Yamaha
    Yamaha
    Honda
    Yamaha
    Honda

So, Yamaha won it 4 time in 6 years to Honda's two. :D They are .333 for 6 years.

15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Really?

16. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Lorenzo looks smooth and relaxed about 90% of the time. MM did get him riled up a few times though.

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That was quick. He stayed rather tight-lipped in expressing his displeasure at Ducati for most of the time he was there.

18. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Ducati was his boss. HRC is not.

19. G.Irish

G.Irish Well-Known Member

I'm a big Hayden fan but I don't know what he was expecting. The RCV1000R costs about 1 million euros when you can't even lease a RC213V for that much per season. Of course it's a lot slower.

Honda abandoned valve spring cylinder heads in 2008 because they couldn't compete with pneumatic or desmo valves. 6 years later why would that not be the case anymore?

Honda did say the RCV1000R was only 3 tenths slower than a RC213V so maybe that's why he's upset. Otherwise I can't see why he would expect something that lacks pneumatic valves, advanced electronics, and a seamless gearbox to be competitive with bikes that do have those things.

20. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Those numbers were put out by the same people who are always off by 30 pounds and 10HP before the bike ships and hits the showroom floor.