1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hayden Criticizing HRC

Discussion in 'General' started by JCP636, Mar 10, 2014.

1. G.Irish

G.Irish Well-Known Member

One has to wonder if it's the same issue Hayden ran into back in 2006. The test riders were saying everything is daijobu but when you put the bike in the hands of a racer it was anything but.

Stoner testing the bike should've prevented that but who knows what numbers were quoted or what he tested.

2. Cawk Star

Cawk Star Well-Known Member

Plus, I think he knows he doesn't have too many years left before he's not in the position of getting MotoGP rides.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

With Casey Stoner at the controls that is.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

It would be funny as hell if Honda brought out Stoner in Qatar on their open bike and he finished 5th or something like that. :D

5. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

HRC had every single variable in order to get Stoner within 3/10ths of a second on those bikes, if he really ever was.

Look at Hayden compared to the other RCV1000Rs. He's consistently a second or more ahead. He is riding the snot out of that bike but he can only do so much. Even Marquez wouldn't be able to put that bike in the front if they're losing half of a second in the straight away alone. I hope HRC pulls through.

6. LukeLucky

LukeLucky Well-Known Member

Is Honda really going to be that upset that a bike essentially no one will ever buy might not have the power Hayden hoped for when their top of the line bike wins a championship? Doesn't sound like a big concern to me.

7. iomTT

iomTT Well-Known Member

I would realy love to read Nicki spitting the dummy big time at least once before he goes away

8. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

EDR told me there is no way that bike makes more than 185 hp.

9. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I agree. I wish Honda would throw the real motor at it, like Yamaha did for the FTR team.

10. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

utter nonsense. i'll presume you are kidding.

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

185? hmmmm. interesting thought there.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Looks like you're not familiar with that incident. :D

13. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:crackup:

14. jimfowler

jimfowler Well-Known Member

ah, i guess i missed something. nevermind me.

15. G.Irish

G.Irish Well-Known Member

Yamaha leased NGM Forward old M1's so it's a bit of a different situation. Honda could give them access to an optional pneumatic valve cylinder engine but who knows if the RCV1000R teams could afford it.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Seems he would have learned from that prior Honda experience as parts tester during his championship.

17. Racer45

Racer45 old guy just tryin'

I read somewhere he only did 3 laps on it

18. cgordon3

cgordon3 I need a new bike...

:D:p

19. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

The situation may not be as bad as it looks. I'm sure there are two rich motorcycle enthusiasts out there that would love to purchase these bikes. Hopefully Aspar can offload them, and then lease an M1 or real RCVs next season, if they can find the extra money lying around somewhere. I would love to see Hayden on Bradl's ride.

20. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

actually, they finally revealed something like "we never said which rider did the laps .3 slower", implying that it was not Casey.

there is also a rumor that most of the testing laps on the 1000R were not using the MM spec software.

pretty much. most of the days where he was supposed to test the Open bike were cancelled due to rain.