1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone else noticed how stupid Freddie Spencer is?

Discussion in 'General' started by E=MC2, Jul 10, 2005.

1. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

He's said numerous other stuff during the ama events that i can't remember but yesterday he said that the motogp bikes had over 250hp????? If anyone else can remember any other of he stupid quotes please post below

2. surgin

surgin Well-Known Member

i was pissed when i realized that drebber and spencer were going to announce the motogp race. they suck compared to the usual british team.

3. MarkB

MarkB All's well that ends well

Who was the guy commentating during the closing laps of the MotoGP describing how Rossi shifts to the left when he turns left, and shifts to the right when turning right??? That way he is apparently able to use his body to help steer the bike around the track.......excellent, I'm gonna have to remember that helpful tip....:rolleyes:

I dont think the regular MotoGP guys would have been taking us through that shit in the 2nd to last lap of MotoGP with Rossi breathing down Edward's neck,,,,,

4. Lawdog78

Lawdog78 Well-Known Member

Fast Freddie may not be the most well spoken announcer ever but you can't take away his mulitple world championships... he knows as much about racing motorcycles as anyone out there

5. Strick

Strick Good to be king

And boy he sure doesn't mind telling you about it.:eek: Man can he not talk for like 30 seconds?

6. (diet)DrThunder

(diet)DrThunder Why so serious, son?

Um...the common thought on the matter right now is that the top bikes do make around 250 hp.

7. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

What gets me is that Debber half the time don't know what racer he is talking about. Barros is walking away from the camera, name on the leathers and he still calls him Bayliss.

He does again and again!

I do appreciate the insite that Spencer gives, he just needs to speed up the delivery a bit so he's not talking over the action on the track. Did you see Xaus and White waiting for him to finish? I hollered to Spencer (I guess the TV) "Shut Up!"

What do ya do?

:rolleyes:

8. E=MC2

E=MC2 Well-Known Member

Drebber said one good thing today about the pace car having to check for a heard of wildabeast lol.

dDT, they arent making 250hp. last year they were making in the 230s. so i could understand over 230 but not over 250. He also said something about superbikes having 220hp

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

230 ... 250 wahtever it takes.

I remember Freddie saying that the superbikes made over 200hp and wasn't talking aboot the Gp bikes.

David

10. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

IIRC, the RCV211 was detuned from 260 for rideability a year or so ago...

11. incognito

incognito Well-Known Member

He's not far off.. AMA Superbikes Factory are rumored at around 200hp.

250 isnt far off either. The Proton KR bike that was for sale at laguna put 240 to the wheel with a 319lb weight.

12. Cliff0529

Cliff0529 Well-Known Member

Thats what I'd always heard as well.

13. Knarf Legna

Knarf Legna I am not Gary Hoover

Yamaha Racing says 230 for the M1.

14. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

i can't believe you guys are doubting TheKids inside info about AMA and GP bikes.

15. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:D

What were we thinking!

16. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

I loved the replay of Nicky stepping the back end out on the paint and they simply talked past it....

17. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

You'd think an American 1-2 finish at the first American GP in eleven years which was show live would be enough to keep yall from bitching!

David

18. buxton

buxton Southern Canadian

It would have if the 'normal' GP crew were announcing... :D

Don't even get me started about the number of commercials. (yeah, I know, someone had to pay for the broadcast) :rolleyes:

;)

19. 418

418 Expert #59

Lets not get on this topic again. For 5 years straight Honda claimed their NSR500 make 190BHP. Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

Manufacturers will ALWAYS lie about their BHP numbers. And they are always on the low side.

Superbike DO make over 200BHP. Couple years back it was said that the last incarnation of the 998 made a tick over 200BHP. So I wouldn't be suprised to see a good 210BHP or 215BHP out of the 999.

As for GP bikes, I heard a while back that now defunct Aprillia could produce as much as 270BHP if the riders needed all that power. That was about two years ago.

So no, Nick. Freddie Spencer is not stupid.

20. 418

418 Expert #59

No, they don't.

They say OVER 230ps.

Big difference there.