1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Harbor Freight Lifetime warranty

Discussion in 'General' started by Fencer, May 13, 2012.

1. V5 Racer

V5 Racer Yo!

For travel boxes this cheap junk is exactly what I want, my Mac and Snap-On stay nice and safe at the house. Last time I took good tools a Snap-On 36mm impact socket grew legs when someone borrowed it and didn't return it.

Last Snap-On guy I did a meet and swap with wasn't happy at all about doing some warranty exchanges for me (not a customer of his). On one hand I understand but on the other hand it is part of what he signed up for.

2. Putter

Putter Ain't too proud to beg

Kinda off topic but can you just walk into Sears and swap out a defective ratchet still?

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been a year or so since I have but yep.

4. Putter

Good deal. I've got a 3/8 that's stripped out.

5. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

only hitch is you might get a "lesser" condition unit in the exchange. I have a chrome flex head one that needed exchange... and the only thing available was some rubied & gouged up etched replacement. Went to another sears and they gave me one right off the new inventory.

6. Putter

7. BC

BC Well-Known Member

I just swapped out 2 ratchets 2 breaker bars and some screwdrivers, yesterday.

They will give you rebuilt stuff unless you ask/request new stuff. I got all new stuff off the shelf.:up:

8. Putter

Cool, thanks!